Monday, March 16, 2020

MOET: A light int he dark


MOET: A light int he dark 


A/N uncertain times, lead to anxiety.


XXXX


I have always dreamed of a cookie perfect future, where I would have it together.
I kept burdening my shoulders with an unnecessary weight over the years.
And as expected, I ended up being overwhelmed and disappointed.
How could I not be, when I was the one to set the bar so high?


I thought my life had only meant when I « became » something.
The dreams I tried to fulfilled and the goals I tried to achieve were not realistic.
The pressure I put on myself was so strong that it ended up suffocating me.
And when my future slipped through my fingers and, I didn't reach my goals?


I crumbled.


What was the point of my life if I wasn't able to « become » who I wanted to be?
If I didn't correct my imperfection and snapped those picture-perfect moments of my life?
What was I if not a fraud? What was I, if not unhappy?
I forgot how it was to enjoy my life the way it was. I forgot how it was to be me.


I couldn't tell if it was time convincing me that I was nothing, or the constant failures that did it.
The air became suffocating and I couldn't breathe. That's what happened since my dreams.shattered.
I couldn't move forward, I couldn't breathe and I lost myself into the darkness that was my life.
There was nothing left but darkness, so I decided to drift away until it swallowed me whole... until...


Light pierced through the dark.


Love came to me, victorious already. I could feel its warm light embraces my dried-out heart.
I could feel it destroy the darkness that surrounded me and bathe me in its righteous light.
It embraced me, comforted me and like a mother to a crying child, it cradled me.
« You're more than enough » she whispered to me and like a child, I ended up weeping.





No comments:

Post a Comment