Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Chronicles of the primeval gods: Life and Death of Ishtar: All-FAther above us all.

Chronicles of the primeval gods: All-FAther above us all.



A/N : I'm channeling my dear Ishtar. He's been reeling in my head for a good while now.



XXXX



« I am the All-Father. The Alpha and the Omega.

I am the son of Khaos, the very first God, the very first being in the whole universe.

I am the all-Powerful, the one and only, the strongest there is.

And yet...She still has the power to bring me to my knees. »



Ishtar was sitting on his throne, a glass of hydromel in his hand. He was surrounded by the surviving gods of his pantheon, those who either truly served Ayasha and him. While they allowed themselves to be entertained, the All-Father was lost in his thoughts. He was still reeling with rage at the thought that his sister. Truth be told, Ishtar was uncertain of his reaction when faced with his younger sibling. He liked to think that he could stand up to her, not as Ishtar; the God of War who was helplessly in love with his little sister and killed her because he was jealous; but as the All-Father who could smash her with the back of his hand, if he willed it.



He wanted to be detached from her, to forget about his feelings for her, but they were deeply rooted in him. Perhaps it was a cruel joke from Khaos, who had created siblings who didn't care much for each other and even competed with one another until Elpis was born. With her, he learned compassion, empathy, and even learned to appreciate the moments he wasn't waging war. She brought light into his darkness and whether he wanted it or not, Ishtar was craving it today. He was craving her presence, he needed her forgiveness for what he did to her. How could he look at his reflection and forgive himself for what he did?



« I am the All-Father, the one above All.

And yet I was brought to my knees by the ghost of my sister.

For 2000 years I couldn't forget about her, not her smiles, not her bright eyes, not even her anger.*

And somehow, after all this time, I still carry my guilt. »



Why was he so upset at the idea of meeting her again? Why was he afraid? Ishtar started to hold his glass tighter. The idea of the all-mighty god being scared of his younger sister didn't sit well with him. He dreaded her return for he knew her vengeance would be far worse than his worst nightmare. He knew she never forgave him for his betrayal, for he was the god she was the closest to. He was the god she entrusted her life with, the one she blindly believed and followed; He was the one who was supposed to protect her, and yet, it was his hand that almost snuffed her life. It was his hand that deprived her of the very happiness she deserved. And perhaps, it was what hurt him the most. To be the one she most hated.



No comments:

Post a Comment