Tuesday, May 16, 2023

TB: Family Feud: The younger years

 // This is a little flashback, just a little way to introduce her extended family and the day she turned 18 and paid them her last visit. 


xxxx


Sara was nervously waiting in front of her aunt's door. She was fidgeting with the hem of her purple sweater, patiently waiting for someone to answer the door. What led her there? She still had flashbacks of her as a younger teenager, when social services called her aunts and uncles in order to find a foster home for the girl. The social worker had put the calls on speakers to allow the teen to speak to her family should they wish to. None of them wanted her. None. Sara remembered the names they used to call her: "Deviant", "Satan's spawn", and "Monster" all because she became super and had powers. All because she was different from them. They disavowed her and considered that her parents paid the price for striking a deal with the devil.  Sara sat still, crying silent tears and vowing to never piss on them if they ever caught fire. 


Still... here she was, recently freed from the system (or kicked out if you considered things differently) and noticed by Dotty, who agreed to become her manager and signed a long contract with the future megastar. She wanted to tell the aunt closest to the orphanage that she was going and that whatever fame she might get, they would get nothing from her.  But.. She also wanted to see if the many years that went by, somehow, healed the old wounds and that perhaps, she would be welcomed into her family again. Silly hope leads to despair but she still hoped the outcome would be different this time. She sighed and stroked the strap of her bag. Finally, the door opened and an older woman came to the door. It was her mother's sister. She was dressed in a large blue dress that swallowed her bony figure and made her look like a witch. 


"Who are you?" -Her tone was dry, but she recognized her. Those freckles, that skin, those black eyes... it could only be her niece, Sara.-


"It's... Sara." -The teenager looked at her aunt, a hopeful smile crossing her face- 


"Sara? Oh..." -Sara furrowed her brows and tried to make a step forward but the Aunt put her hand before her, stopping her net in her tracks- "Don't come closer. I thought you died or were adopted! What are you doing here?"


"Well... I haven't been adopted and as you can see, I'm not dead yet. I wanted to tell the family that I'm back and that I can take care of myself. I have signed a contract with a manager and I'll become a singer. I just... wanted to know if you could take me in?"


The old woman laughed. She called for her children to come, those were around Sara's age, maybe a tad older than her. Two young men and a teenage girl joined their mother and they looked at Sara as if she was a freak. Sara knew this gaze all too well. They stared at her freckles, stared at her chubby frame and they laughed. She clenched her fists and a flash of purple crossed her eyes. She wanted to use her telekinesis and stone them to death. She wanted to ruin their faces and bash their brains out. She wanted to make them stop laughing and pointing their fingers at her. She gritted her teeth and felt blood rush to her cheeks. Her eyes swelled up and she could feel tears pooling there. 


"You want to be part of this family? Baby, haven't you heard? We said NO! We don't want a freak like you! I don't know why my sister thought it was a good idea, but nobody on her side wants you. I don't know why your father let you turn into this... thing, but even on his side, they all said they didn't want your ass! you have the nerve to come back years after we said no to you and show your ass here and ask to be part of the family? Get the fuck out here! We don't want you, Sara! You died when they turned you into a demon! Go away and never come back! we don't claim you!"


The whole family started to point at her and yell their hatred at the teenager. in the cacophony that their voices made, Sara could only hear the same words over and over again. "monster" "We don't claim you" and "Get out". She tried to take a step towards them but one of her cousins threw the book he was holding at her face, which she dodged using her power. This only fueled their anger and Sara slowly started to back up. She pointed her index finger at them and yelled. 


"I'm never coming to get you! You're dead to me! you hear me?!!! you're dead to me! I'll become rich and famous and you won't get a dime out of me! I'm the one who rejects you! I reject you!! You're just a bunch of heartless fuckers! you don't know shit about me! You left me to rot in that place!!! You left me to be hurt there! I hate you! I fucking hate you! You hear me?!!!"


It was a promise she wanted to keep. A promise she would do anything to keep. She would NOT allow them to break her heart again or hurt her the way they did. She would keep her promise and become so famous she would be inevitable. She would succeed and be happy. They wished she was gone from their lives? oh, she was petty and she wanted revenge. She would make it so anything they might enjoy would have her in. She promised and the tears she cried that day would be the last ones she would cry for her. 


-TBC-

No comments:

Post a Comment