Friday, December 23, 2016

HAPPY HOLIDAYS 2016

Art by my good friend Lelia:) it's a tradition for her, she calls it Santa Thong, and since she started it, I liked it so much I decided to do spread the love using exclusively images from her series.

Of course, I would begin with wishing all of you happy holidays. Those include anything and everything you would celebrate from now up until the 1st of January.

2016 was such a strange year for me, both fulfilling in some ways and distressing in others. As I reflect upon the days spent, I realize that maybe this year is the one I « felt » alive the most. Truth be told, I sometimes wish I didn't feel as much and as intensely as I do because I always end up being an emotional trainwreck. It has its perks though and I believe that without those perks, I wouldn't have known how to finish this year. It's in itself, a miracle that I am still standing and still going. It is. Those of you who know, know what I am talking about and I am very grateful for having you in my life. That's it, this year (like the other years ahah ) I'll be talking about my gratitude for having such a beautiful support in my life.

Losing Magz to suicide this year had me reflect on my very own journey with the demons we share/d together. « Thanatos » (as I call it), Anxiety, Depression. It made me think of the decisions I made, the commitment to these, the fact I became more open about talking about these, especially to close friends (my support system really, along with my sisters <3) was the best decision I have ever made. I do /not/ feel ashamed anymore, although it still is something I would not talk about /that / much. And if I don't, I really owe it to my rolemodels who are survivors just like me and keep on fighting and living their lives as they should be. Seeing them being so open about their own lives truly inspired me and keep on fueling my own strength when I'm lacking of it. Thank you beautiful people for speaking up for/to me at a time I was hiding everything to myself. Thank you for guiding me through realizing I needed the right kind of help. Thank you for making me feel normal and loved and proud. Thank /you/. Can you believe, I am even able to articulate my emotions and express them when needed and although it's not happening 100%, it's still a major step forward from where I used to be before. I can't thank enough my other lovelies, for having been the loving shoulders, the warm hands and the soothing souls they've been with me. I can't thank you enough for your support and love, especially those who walk me through my episodes, those who witness my meltdowns and those who singlehandedly silenced my demons and believed in me.

Speaking of those who believe in me, I gotta say, creatively this year was a big bang of some sort ! Here I am finally writing that book, sharing a bit more of my writings and writing process and sketching here and there whenever I can. You're the reason I didn't stop, every encouraging words, inboxes, pm, texts.. every request, every compliment and praise are fueling my motivation. You know how fleeting it is, especially in my condition and yet this year I kept on pushing myself. It was not just because I was able to find the motivation, but when I lost it, you were there <3 I got to meet several people I hold very dear in my heart and strengthened my relationship with my friends in the biz. We don't know what tomorow holds for us but I am very sure, next year I would not let those efforts and trust be in vain. I really appreciate your curiousity and concern and presence in my life. Thank you my creative people for being who you are and for bringing the best out of me regarding my art.

Speaking of bringing the best. 2016 was a dreadful year, one has to admit. It was tougher for me because, like most of the time, I found myself in distress in the face of the world. I'm probably scarred due to past trauma, violent human beings who poisoned my life for years but since I was a child, I never thought people were inherently good. I believe(d) we have to work very hard to be a good person and yes we do. We do because it's so very easy to slip into the darkest corners of our souls. So this year more than other years seemed like people gave up or maybe gave into their darkest instincts. I am fortunate really, to have very optimistic people who were able to restore Hope into my heart and helped me pull myself together through their inspiring words. I saw people acting humane, showing compassion, defending those in need. I saw people who didn't close their hearts and minds. I saw people who were aware of our History as human beings and don't want the bad events to repeat again. I saw people wanting an actual change and a real joint work to help the world be a better place. I saw all of that in the last 4 months of this year and it sincerely helped me smoothly start again. So yes, I consider myself lucky to have these wonderful people in my life who do their best at their own scale to be decent human beings and who keep me motivated to actually wake up (literally speaking) every day and trust again. I am really trying to do the very same, around me, as much as possible ! Thank you for being this inspiring.

Finally 2016 was definitely a year of love. Why finish with love ? Because it all starts with love. I keep saying everyday that I am left speechless at how unalduterated and genuine and powerful the love I receive is. Not just from my old pals, but also the new ones. It just is ! It clicks really well and I couldn't have been happier for this ! Your love means everything for me. It's healing me, it's fueling me with strength and power and I really wish I do give it back to you. Look at you now, most of you are married (for those who are), engaged (for those who are) and/or successful in their job, at a happier place this year than the last, have kids (for those who do), have fulfilled their dreams, are in great healthy relationships and of course, have dreams for the year to come, plans, aspirations and of course new steps ahead of them. I wish you to have everything you desire my dears, everything your hearts ever want. I love you when you are happy and would always want you to be, because you're deserving, you know that ? You're deserving so much good in your life. I know you're working hard to get there and I sincerely hope you will all live the lives you want to.

As of me ? If anything, 2016 taught me I actually didn't have a blackened heart and am still very capable of loving with every fiber of my body;) My friend Louise keep talking about helping me find my Wolverine Ahaha (You don't need to Lou) but it's a touuuugh job though, but it's not impossible anymore since I think I can safely admit I wouldn't mind trying.

TO 2017 ! May it bring you all you ever wanted. May it be a safe year for you and of course, may it be the year I actually meet my Wolverine (I'm joking ! I'm joking ! But really, may it be a good year ! I'm hoping it would be for all of us)

I love you


HAPPY HOLIDAYS <3 <3  

No comments:

Post a Comment