Sunday, September 8, 2019

Jaime and Bäahal: Happily Ever After


Jaime and Bäahal: Happily Ever After


A/N : I wanted something sweet, but since it's not possible when it comes to these two, here you are, here you have a sweet little « what if? »


Xxx


It could have been their happily ever after. It could have been a sweeter end than the one he would definitely meet. The princess reflected on what could have happened, if that one single night, he wouldn't have left for King'slanding. The warm weather allowed the princess to open the windows of her bedroom and allow the blinding light to pierce through the darkness of her bedroom.  her purple hues set upon the richly decorated roof. How different would life be, if Lord Jaime had chosen to stay instead? She refused to acknowledge how many times she thought of it, but the truth was, this idea had drilled a hole into her heart from the moment they parted ways. In the reimagining of the moment, he would have sat and thought of what that kiss meant. He would have figured out that maybe, just maybe, he didn't want to return to a life that had never truly been his. He would have realized that he was the only one to love Cersei and that his genuine affection for her was never returned, but used against him.  He couldn't keep his eyes closed on her infidelities, nor could he ignore she always tried to make him pay for things he didn't do. She never comforted him when they lost their children, she even hid from him the death of Tommen. He was a slave to the blonde Queen. a slave who was denied his own humanity. 

Knight Brienne opened his eyes when she made him realize that the only true moment he was truly himself was when he killed Aerys II. it was the only decision he took that didn't involve Cersei or wasn't motivated by her (at least, not solely by her). He owned his fate, his reputation and the disdain and contempt some people had towards him. Knight Brienne, made him realize that he wanted more. From the moment he met the princess, he realized that maybe, he could have something different. She respected him, she saw the man he was instead of the man his reputation made him be. She didn't fear or despised him, she didn't expect anything from him, if not his honesty and sincerity. With her, he could be himself, a complex man, a man... someone. It made the Knight think and throughout the night, convinced him not to pursue his sunken dream of being with the mad Queen. She didn't keep her promise, she didn't fight for the living and she certainly let him go, to die. It achieved to convince him that he should instead rebuild himself. 


He would have come to see the princess, once the war would be over. He would have found her in one of the many gardens of King's Landing for she would have hidden there, among the flowers. just right where she belonged. He'd startle her, making her furrow her brows and pull a knife out of her sleeve before she would relax and chuckle, a light blush on her cheeks.  He would have cleared his throat and walked closer to her, pretending to be looking at the flowers so she wouldn't feel embarrassed, while in fact, he would be staring at her. She would tuck her silver hair behind her ears and would look away, so not to look at him. 

"Lord Jaime... I didn't expect you here."

"I was looking for you actually, princess." He would say, his voice a little dry, which would make her look at him.

"For me?... is it... Did you talk to Queen Daenerys already?" -Words slipped off of her lips, which made the knight furrow his brows. He did talk to the queen, who spoke at length about his sister's demise. She had tried everything she could to make Cersei back off, but the mad queen refused and attacked her. Her death was the result of her own actions and while Jaime was still mourning for her death, he understood.-

"Yes, I did. I didn't come to talk about your sister. I came to talk about you."

"Me?" She turned her body around so she could face him. her heart was pounding into her ribcage as her eyes grew wide. "I have been avoiding you for a while. I couldn't look you in the eye after what happened to your sister...lov---..."

"Why is.. Princess?"

"What is it that you wanted to tell me?" She swallowed a lump and put her hand on her chest before her purple eyes lifted up and stared at his green orbs. She was unsure of what he wanted to say but expected him to say the worst. He could see her panic from where he stood, which was both adorable and a bit stressful. 

"You have no reason to be this tense. I simply wanted to talk about...well, you."

"Me?"

"Do you remember what you said to me about Aerys II and the regicide I committed?"

"How could I forget? I do remember." She relaxed and blushed harder. She still could remember the shock on his face as he was not prepared to hear her thank him for killing her monstrous father. "What about it?"

"It was the first time you actually... the first time I noticed your eyes. I didn't really pay attention to you before. You surely were quite a number already. Complex, confusing.. fragile and yet strong. All of your qualities or what made you  flew past my head for I was focused on Cersei." That stung and her lips twitched, betraying her discomfort mentioning the former queen. "But I noticed you for the first time when you said I wasn't the monster they all kept saying I was. You saw me, you understood me and those purple eyes of yours were..." he cupped her cheek with his large hand, drawing closer to her and holding her waist so she would keep steady.

"Lord Jaime...I merely said the truth. You weren't and you are not a monster. not to me anyway. Not now, not ever..."

"I pushed a child off of a tower to protect my secret." He admitted, his green eyes staring at her purple hues, expecting to see the disgust in her eyes and convince himself that the future he thought he had was not real. but she wasn't disgusted.  instead she softened her gaze. 

"I killed several people, innocent people because my master wanted me to. We all do things we are not proud of. We all have blood on our hands. I, for one, would never judge you for what you did. I knew you did it for someone you loved and love can make us act stupid..."

"Indeed... stupid." He said as he pressed his lips to hers. She resisted, but only for a second. Her hands clenched onto his shirt, keep him closer to her frame as she became more demanding, betraying her own emotions.  "Don't fight it, princess... Don't fight me."

"I can't fight it... I can't fight you," she said as she kissed him again, finally making sense of how she felt all these months. It made sense for her, to be in his arms, to kiss his lips, to feel strongly for the knight and have him return the favour.. wait.. he didn't return them yet. she broke their kiss and pushed him away gently. "No... No, I can't.."

"Why not?"

"You are still loving her. this kiss? what does it mean if not just gratitude for the way I treated you? what is it, if not the same kiss you gave me when we parted away? I don't want your pity, lord Jaime or childish pecks on the lips... I'm not interested if it's all there is for me." She turned around so he wouldn't see the fresh tears that formed in her eyes. her heart was beating faster now, almost deafening the princess' ears. 

"I.... you're right. I am still in love with Cersei, even if she's dead right now. You know that I can't move on with a snap. I can't forget her.. but I can have room for someone else.. someone new and that's what I wanted to say. No matter what I try, there is only one person I want to be with and it's you..." he walked closer to her and put his valid hand on her shoulder, stroking it gently. "I cannot lie to you, Bäahal... You're making me feel...anew, another man and this thing we have together with this connection, I would not trade it with anything else in the whole world. I want you. that's all.... would you want me? knowing I still have ghosts haunting me? knowing I'm not an easy man? knowing.."

She turned around and pressed her lips to his. her arms wrapped around his neck and she cried while giving him several kisses. she didn't care about anything else in the whole world but him... but him... but them... May the god have mercy on them!

"


No comments:

Post a Comment