Sunday, November 3, 2019

Ayasha x Elpis: Illusions


The goddess of knowledge laid on her back, the golden locks of her perfect face crowned her head and her emerald eyes stared at the ceiling of her bedroom. Ever since the sin broke her sister's curse and set the goddess free, Ayasha had been restless. She knew Elpis and part of her was terrified of the outcome of such a rage if let loose. Elpis destroyed a full and powerful pantheon in a moment of rage, precipitating the end of the attached civilization. She was capable of feats and wonders no one actually was aware of but Ayasha was no fool. She knew that her sister would come back and destroy what was left of their family. Well, was she fair?


Ayasha couldn't find sleep at night. She dreaded the return of her sister and hallucinated her some times. Elpis had a thousand ways to enter this room but Ayasha always imagined her walk into her bedroom with a stone-cold face. She would have been wearing an elegant white gown similar to the ones she used to wear before. Ayasha saw the pink locks float around her sister as if they were animated by their own will and it made the goddess of knowledge sitting on the bed. She brought her legs up to her face and wrapped her arms around her knees in a defensive mode.


« Why are you here? » -Her voice shook and she tried to swallow a lump.-


« Why am I here? Listen to yourself, Ayasha, you are ridiculous. »


'Elpis' walked towards the bed and stopped a few inches away from it. She was small and yet she felt bigger than Ayasha remembered.


«Ridiculous? You were supposed to be dead. You were supposed to be cursed for all eternity. You weren't supposed to be free. »


« Aaawww Is that doubt I see on your face? » She teased, her hands gracefully were placed on her waist as she tilted her head tot he side and curled her lips into a mocking grin.


« I have no doubt! I know exactly what I have to do. » She spat at the hallucination. She curled her fingers into fists and furrowed her blonde brows. « Everything was perfect. My plan was perfect. I had you out of the way, cursed or dead it didn't matter to me because you were supposed to remain locked away for all eternity. I had killed your supporters, I had taken away anyone who could have wanted to set you free. »


The hallucination chuckled and shook her head. Ayasha knew very well that the sight she had before he was a figment of her imagination, A test of some sort. She tucked some blonde hair behind her ear and shook her head.


« You still can't handle the fact I am free, now can you? » She grinned widely and walked closer to the blonde goddess who recoiled at the end of the bed and his her back against the wall. « You can't handle the fact that your plan wasn't perfect, that you didn't take everything into consideration. The love Ishtar had for me... the desire to see me again, that would animate Pride. The fact that I left a deeper impact on others than you thought I did. »


« You are nothing! You are nothing Elpis but a child! You knew nothing. You still know nothing. »


Ayasha hated to sound of the hallucination, the nasty words that came out of her lips were echoes of her own thoughts. Yes, how could she plan something and not take into consideration the fact Ishtar could never be able to kill the one he was in love with? Her plan was flawed from the beginning and while it could make it difficult for her to ensure her victory, Ayasha still was resourceful and would find a way to triumph. Her goal was neat and clean and simple, she wanted to rule the whole galaxy. She wanted to prove that knowledge was far stronger than brute strength or an insane amount of power like her siblings had. Knowledge was power and her hallucinations were simply her doubts manifesting into the people she hated the most. Elpis smirked and crossed her legs as she sat on the bed.


« Riddle me this, Ayasha. If I know nothing, if I am nothing, how come you are still scared of me? » She lifted her head and grinned as Pride's silhouette appeared beside her. His hand wrapped around her shoulder and he squeezed quietly.


« I am not scared of you. » -Pride hues turned purple and Ayasha swallowed a hard lump.-


« You are trembling because you know of his power. You've done your research, you know how powerful he is and how he treats those who angers him. »


« I am not afraid of him. » -She asserted with a frown on her face.-


« Then you are afraid of me. It makes sense. You have never truly seen what I was capable of, you don't know how far I can go and you fear my wrath. »


She crawled onto the bed, and stopped a few inches away from Ayasha who let a scream out of her thin lips. It was worse because it was true. She did not know what Elpis was capable of, and the fact to be left in the unknown was eating the goddess away. It was driving her crazy with fear and anticipation. Pride, in himself, wasn't that difficult to understand. He was meant to destroy, he was meant to be a nefarious solution to the problem gods were.... but what of a vengeful goddess ?? what about the one who destroyed a full pantheon -all-father and all- out of anger?-, what could she do to a sister who betrayed her, killed their beloved father, cursed her for eternity and killed the only siblings who loved her ? The pink-haired goddess would definitely want to make an example of her and it was that fear that kept Ayasha from sleeping at night.


« I will destroy you, Elpis... I will destroy you, I swear. »


« I'll wait for you to come and get me....Until then, you're the one who's having nightmares, not me. Not me... »She vanished alongside with her sin.


Alone, the golden goddess sighed and ran her hands through her golden lock. She ran both hands into her hair and started to curl into a ball. Hallucination or not, deep down, the goddess of knowledge was scared. She realized that her plan had already been thwarted once and could go sideways if she didn't pay attention. She was the goddess of knowledge, she was to rule the universe. She was to win.... she had to keep her mind focused on her goal. She had to. She would.


-TBC-

No comments:

Post a Comment