Friday, November 1, 2019

Doya : I can't do this without you.


Doya : I can't do this without you.


A/N : our babies. I'm taking them to the place where the second plot is happening. So we're slowly getting there. <3


xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx




«Oya? »


Dean called out as he opened the door to the motel room they were renting. They arrived late at night,  so the only thing they could do was grab as much sleep as they could before investigating the Thomas' case. Oya dreaded the visit to the hospital. She knew Joshua's life was in danger and he probably might die in the following days. Sarah would be there, waiting, anxious, and probably torn between the joy to see Oya and the fear of losing her brother.


«Oya? » -Dean called again, this time in a more insisting tone. She wasn't in the bedroom and there was no sound in the bathroom. He walked closer to the bathroom after he put their burgers on the bed they shared and drew his angel blade out. « Oya, answer me. » He commanded this time as he reached the bathroom's door.


« I'm here. » She let out an exhausted voice. « Come in. » She invited him over. Dean sighed in relief and entered the bathroom. Oya had already taken her shower, her skin had not dried yet, so droplets of warm water were running over her smooth cocoa skin. Her hair was wet and stuck to her face, neck and shoulder blades. She was staring at her own reflection on the mirror. Her lips were trembling, her fingers were clenched onto the sink and she shut her eyes tight as Winchester opened the door.


« You scared me. » He acknowledged. « I thought you were gone. »


« I'm many things, Dean Winchester, but I wouldn't leave you alone. » She said, slowly opening her hazel eyes again and staring at her own reflection.


« How long have you been staring at yourself? » He asked, as he came behind her and stroked her shoulders. The petite ebony hunter shrugged and leaned into his touch.


« Long enough...Long enough to... » She bit her bottom lip and dropped her head. «...Think. Long enough to think. I am not sure I will have enough strength to see Joshua and face Sarah. »


« I know. That's why I'm here. » Dean said, planting a kiss at the top of her head. « So you won't be doing that alone. »


« They need me. They need me to be stronger than I actually feel. Sarah needs me to walk in, be confident in my ability to find what happened and punish who did this. She needs me to stay strong while she breaks down. I will never be able to... » She sobbed and whipped the tears off of her face with the back of her hand. « I can't.....go to the hospital tomorrow. » She said, shaking her head at her own words.


« Yes you can. Yes, you will. Oya, you are strong. Stronger than I can ever be. » She nodded, while she kept whipping her tears off of her face. « You've faced worse. You've survived it. »


« I had to. » She whispered and put her hands over his. «  I can't help but think that it is unfair it happened to Joshua. » Dean sighed.


« He knew the risks when he started and he still kept going. He enjoyed his life, Oya, you can't take that away from him. He had the life he wanted to lead. »


« I know... » She said, still sobbing. Dean turned her around so he could face her. Oya lifted her head and stared at his emerald eyes. « I know it's Hunter's life... I know we can't choose the way we go, but losing him... losing him...I don't want to lose him.. I don't want to lose you. »


There she went! He knew that what bothered Oya the most, was that any of them could die while working a case. Both shared the same sacrificial lamb complex where they would give their lives to protect mankind and all life on Earth. How many times did Dean accept a deal with an archangel or Lucifer even, or a deity if that allowed for mankind to survive? How many times did he give his life for the well-being of others? Oya knew he would never hesitate and while she trusted him to come back to her after he worked a case without her, there was still the risk of him not coming back. It was the job, after all, there always was a risk he would die, whether that was because of a stronger enemy or his goddamn sacrificial lamb complex.


So it kept her on edge. It kept him on edge too. Dean had already seen her in action, ready to take a bullet or to die for him. He literally heard her scream this to a powerful witch they were fighting. The Winchester was incapacitated, but he saw the determination in the eyes of the ebony hunter and he knew she would follow through with her plan to die. Both lectured the other in moments like these, in order for their partner to know how much they cared for them and how far they would go for the other. Both tried to make the other promise they would never sacrifice their lives for the greater good. They wanted to make sure their partner knew they never had to feel alone because they weren't, they would never be alone because they had each other.


« You're not going to lose me. » His voice was assertive as if he was trying to say that they would not lose the other. He refused to imagine how life would be without Oya. There were close calls when she almost died and he imagined how life would be when she's gone. She refused to imagine a world where Dean wasn't there. There were close calls when Dean allowed an angel to use him as a vessel in order to protect mankind from a devastating scourge. She felt helpless as she saw Dean's body slowly become another person's.


« I can't do this without you, Dean. » She finally admitted.


She might have been strong, the ebony hunter had reached her limits there. Her lips started to tremble harder as she was thinking of the hospital and a devastated Sarah who counted on her. She couldn't bail on her friends, her family.. she had to be there.


« I know. » He wrapped his strong arms into an embrace and pulled her towards his stronger frame, so she would feel his comforting presence. His arms kept stroking the soft wet skin of her back and his lips pressed kisses to her forehead and neck. He got her back. He felt her body relax against his and her arms wrap around his frame to pull him into a tight embrace. « I've got you. » He repeated to her ear, making her relax some more. She wasn't alone after all. He was there with her. It was all the strength she needed.


-TBC-





No comments:

Post a Comment