Sunday, August 9, 2020

Letters to Kyra :

Dearest friend,



I have found a moment to write this letter to you. I have tried to find my words, but they failed me, I guess I wasn't ready to speak with you until now. Oh, my dear friend. I have arrived at King's Landing. I followed your advice and went to speak with your brother about our pending issue. It didn't go as smoothly as I wished for he'd always warned me about the dangers of following my heart in that peculiar matter. I remember how hard he'd frown upon me when he first suspected something. I remember his disapproval from the very start and how hard he tried to fight me on the matter. I was in denial, so I rejected his allegations, stated that he was probably reading too much into it. But he was right, he saw things clearly when I was still in a fog. He feared that my sister would become angry if she ever knew the truth, but after a glass of wine, realized that it was better to inform her, ask for her permission and try and convince her should she be angry. So... we devised a plan, a way for me to break her the news.



I have talked to her, and as expected, she didn't take it very well at the very beginning. She didn't even let me explain, all I saw when I looked into her eyes was disappointment and anger. She has a lot of resentment and a devouring need for revenge, so I knew the very first time would not go smoothly. She didn't say anything, except for a « How could you ? » before she left the room. I understand her, I understand why she'd feel betrayed by me. I spoke to her and told her that your family wasn't involved in any way, that it was just me and my feelings and she should only direct her anger at me for the time being. I guess I stalled for a couple days, she didn't seem to want to come after you. At least, I managed this. Lord Tyrion told me that I should give her a few days before bringing the topic back again. I will do as he advised, I will give Daenerys some time to get herself together and get herself ready to listen to me. I still intend to plead my case, show her how important it is for me, and how grateful I would be to have her blessings on the matter. My heart broke, yet is filled with renewed fire. I feel as if I was gambling my life and my future as I write to you and I will do everything in my power to achieve my goal. I will do everything to have her listen to me and see how much there is at stakes, for me. After all, she's holding my future in her hands, my happiness, my reason to be...



I made you a promise, and I will keep it. Nothing would happen to your family, nothing would ever happen to him. I will protect him, even from me... just as I expect you will protect him from me, should it come to it. I'm in troubled waters and I'm waiting on a way out but until then, I have been thinking of you. Since we left your shores, how have you been dealing with our absence? I know your brother was instrumental in getting the due respect your lords should give you. I know that without him, you'd have to struggle a little harder. Is it exhausting? Are you holding up? I have faith in your ability to rule. I just hope you are safe.



Please, rest assured of my eternal friendship,



Bäahal Targaryen.

No comments:

Post a Comment