Saturday, October 27, 2018

Oya : 20 stitches.

Oya: 20 stitches.
A/ N: I just love them. <3 just musing around.
xxxxxxxx
Sandy Blue Motel, Sunday, 10 pm

Oya sat on her motel bed and leaned against the headrest. Her hazel eyes averted from her stitched leg to the phone on the mattress. No calls. No texts. Sam and Dean were working a case and since they left the bunker, they had not texted Oya or called her. She furrowed her brows and bit her bottom lip, curious, even worried about these two because she didn't know what was going on. She rolled her eyes and looked at the ceiling, her fingers still tapping against the soft warm skin of her arms. They were okay! They had to be. If anything had happened to them, Castiel would have told her already. He would have found her at the other end of the World just to make sure she was safe. No Castiel, all good news... or were they? It had been a while since she heard from the angel. What was he up to? Was he safe? She had no idea and it didn't sit well with her. Oya hated not knowing. It made her feel vulnerable. It made her make mistakes when she was hunting. The fresh scar on her leg was a silent reminder of how careless she was tonight and how vulnerable she still was.

«Damnit! Why don't you text me? » -She growled to herself, her eyes still staring at the black screen of her phone.- « Please be safe. » She pulled her legs up and wrapped her arms around her legs. « Please be... » Her phone rang.

For a brief second, Oya's heart stopped beating. She hoped that it was one of the Winchesters who called her or even Castiel should he be on Earth. Her hopes quickly vanished when she read the name on the screen. « Sarah Thomas. ». Her smile dropped and she bit her bottom lip with frustration. Sarah wasn't the problem, she was one of Oya's very few childhood friends in America. She was a friend and under any other circumstances, the African hunter would have been happy to hear from her, but not now, not when she was worried as all hell. She grabbed the phone, contemplated not answering the call and rolled her eyes at herself for thinking like this. It last at least a solid minute before Oya answered her call. What was this important to have Sarah call her?

«Oya? » The blonde woman heard a sigh over the phone and knew her friend was listening. « Oh come on. It's been a freaking while. Is this how you're greeting me? »

« No, no I'm sorry. I'm a bit anxious that's all. Is there something wrong ? » the painkillers she took for her leg were wearing off, which made her wound sting and Oya snarl.

« There you go. You're always worried. I've never seen you this worried since... » She stopped and cleared her throat. « I wanted to thank you for what you said months ago. You were right, when dad died I felt guilty for leaving the hunter's life behind me. When you came to the USA and I got to see you in action, I felt ashamed and my guilt just became stronger. I wanted to risk my life again. And if you weren't there, Oya, I would have died like an idiot. I would have. » She put her hand over her mouth and sobbed against it. Oya heard the noise and sighed again. She rolled her eyes, the sting on her leg made her snarl and bit her bottom lip harder.

« Sarah. You don't have to thank me. It's what I do, I knock senses into people minds. » Oya chuckled and scratched her arm. « If we're saying thank you, then I shall thank you too. »

« Why is that?  Are you okay? You do sound very worried. »

« I'm fine. It's just... I wasn't sure I wanted to come back and see you, Sarah. When I arrived, I had the choice to reach out to you first.... but I didn't. It was too much for me. I haven't seen you and Josh since your father died and I didn't keep in touch. I was ashamed too. I was envious. I was a mess. »

« Shut up. You're not! » -Sarah disagreed and shook her head over the phone.-

« I was. I am. My family died and I couldn't help but think it was because of me. My brother would have been safe if I didn't push him away. My mother wouldn't have been killed by the Asanbosam if my brother had not been possessed. My father wouldn't have cancer because of grief. I did this. I felt like it when I came to the USA. I couldn't, in all good faith, curse you too. » She choked up. « And yet, you reached out to me, you never gave up on me. Not even when I went to the Winchesters and you realized I was in the country. Not even when I said they were my home. I love you, Sarah... »

« I know, and you love them too. » Sarah's voice softened over the phone. « I know that. »

Oya had always been a complicated soul. She never quite knew how to express her feelings, her true feelings. When Fabrice started to take his distance, she didn't know how to react. She didn't know how to express her feelings, so she kept it to herself. She bottled her emotions and it destroyed her. Sarah knew that the Oya who came to the USA right after her family was murdered would be akin to a cornered predator. She would need time to heal, time to rebuild herself and that was what the Winchesters gave her. In the beginning, Sarah felt betrayed. She didn't understand why Oya loved the Winchesters or even considered them as her home but it became crystal clear later on. The way Oya spoke of Dean, the sparkles in her eyes as she said his name or talked about their cases betrayed her feelings for the hunter. Dean found his way into Oya's heart.

Sarah, at first, was worried because she knew the reputation Dean had. Many admired the Winchesters and respected them in the Hunter community. But word got around that they were complicated and emotionally stunted. They were all about business, all about saving people and they were, as some speculated, alone. Why would Oya crash against such a hard brick wall? Yet, from the way she was speaking about the brothers, something clearly was different from the legends and rumors about them. Oya felt grounded. She felt understood. She felt at home. They were her home.

« I love you. I love Josh. I really do. It's just... » -She took a deep breath and ran her hand over her neck. Her lovely accent was a little heavier as panic set in.-

« You don't have to explain yourself, Oya. I know you love us. I know you love the Winchesters. I know you worry about Dean too. »

« Have you seen him when he's got an idea in mind? He's very stubborn. He could throw himself into the void should it save the world...or Sammy... » -Oya shrugged and ran her hand through her black locks.-

« ….Or you. » Sarah added, tilting her head to the side. She tucked some blonde locks behind her ear. « Is this what you're worried about? That Dean sacrifices his life for you? »

« Pretty much yeah... » She sighed and closed her eyes. « But I'd do the same for him too. We know that. He knows. » Oya added and laid on her side. She looked at the ceiling. « That's what we do, Sarah. We sacrifice our lives for the greater good. He hasn't sent an update today. It's been a few days since the last time he did and I don't know how he's doing right now. He could be dead for all I know. »

« Wouldn't you know already if he was? What do your guts tell you? » Sarah's voice softened up as she heard the muffled sob Oya tried to cover up.

« He's alive. Sammy and he are doing okay. Since when do I feel this emotional about someone, Sarah? How did I not see it coming? »

« Are you asking me why you chose Dean? » A soft chuckle crossed the blonde's lips. « Or are you asking me why you're reckless when you're worried? I am sure you're in a bad shape right now. » -She wanted to distract her friend and it worked pretty well since Oya's tone shifted-

« Yeah. I've been roughed up pretty badly today. A witch, at that.» -Oya rolled her eyes

« How bad ? » inquired her friend who lifted a brow.

« 20 stitches. Not the worst case though. But 20 fucking stitches and my leg hurts like hell. »

Sarah chuckled again and gently tried to comfort her friend. The cat was out of the bag, Oya expressed how upset she was because she didn't hear from the Winchesters. She distracted the ebony hunter for a while, focusing her attention on her wound and the case she worked on. It brought a smile back on Oya and helped calm her down to the point that she could sit back up and against the headrest. It was fine, everything was fine and Dean was alright. Sam was alright. Her family was alive and well. She smiled to herself, as Sarah was now talking about her daughters. Her family was doing alright and the girls were growing up happy and safe. Joshua took Oya's advice and his girlfriend came back to him. All seemed to be going well. So much so that Oya realized that it was silly of her to think something bad happened and dangerous for her, because of her recklessness. As the tension disappeared, the blonde woman quietly told her friend.
«  Oya. You really have to be careful when you are out there. You can be very reckless when you're emotional. I know you're worried about Dean. I know you love him. I know that. But you also have people who care for you and you also have people who wouldn't like it if you died because you weren't thinking. »
« I know... »
« Can you promise me you'll be careful? » Oya rolled her eyes and dropped her head a little so her forehead could rest against her knees. «Oya? Please, love. »
« Yes. I promise. I'll be more careful. It would be silly of me to die because I was reckless. »

« Good. I have to go now, but I'll keep an eye on you. I'll call you soon. »

« Alright. I'm looking forward to talking with you. I love you, Sarah. »

« I love you too. » She said as she hung up the phone. Oya rolled her eyes and put her phone on her side. She sighed and tapped her fingers against her legs. She tilted her head and bit her bottom lip harder until she felt her phone ring again. As she looked at it, she saw it was a call from Dean. She quickly took it, without thinking.

« Where the hell have you been ?! You better be fighting Lucifer because if you're not then you'll fight me! »

« Were you worried? » -He teased her. She could hear the smile in his voice and it made her stop and smile.-

« I'm not Dickhead! You know you have to text me once in a while. It's been 4 whole days without hearing from you guys. I was...Don't you ever do that again? » She furrowed her brows.

« There was no signal here bitch! Come on! I'm okay. Sammy and I are okay. I keep my word, I'm checking on you. How are you? » She shook her head and smiled, which he heard in her voice.

« I'm much better now that you're here... Tell me about your case and I'll tell you about mine. »

« Alright then! Buckle up, because what you're going to hear is out of this world! »


-TBC-

No comments:

Post a Comment