Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Elpis and Pride: Stormy night


Elpis and Pride: Stormy night

A/N : Just Elpis little monologue. First-person because I can. <3 I <3 you.

XXXX

Tonight, the sky is crying the tears I can't shed any longer. All things considered, I couldn't continuously mourn for the death of my favorite siblings -not that I didn't want to, but I had decided to channel my sorrow into my actions.- It feels as if the sky is listening to my silent pleas and is responding in kind. The gentle rain turned into a furious storm, echoing the whirlwind of emotions I am suffering tonight. I feel...lost. 2000 years was a long time spent thinking, and those human months or dare I say years locked -protected- in the Underworld helped me gain clarity. I was starting to see the big picture but more importantly where I stood since I was freed from my curse.

Tonight, I can finally make sense of everything. As I look into your blue eyes a soft smile graces my features. If anything is certain in such chaos, it is the love I have for you. I am glad you allowed us to bond together because I discovered a new-you. I discovered a Sin who was actually telling the truth, whether it was pleasant to hear or not. You are honest with me, caring. I know it costs you to be on Earth and yet, here you are by my side, allowing me to become stronger. I discovered a funny side of yours, albeit, I have to admit you're funny because you're sarcastic not a jester. You let me touch you and despite the sparkles our touch creates, you don't push me away. I'd even say that you like my affectionate gestures, but I could be wrong.

I discovered a sin who was even more determined than the previous Pride. You took the crown of the Underworld, you dealt with your siblings, there is no hesitation on your part. You are the master of yourself and I appreciate that. You are not as selfish as you are projecting, at least, not with me, Meus Rex. Not with me. I fell in love with your sense of adventure, and your unstoppable ambition. I fell in love with your stubbornness and I accepted your finicky nature. I know you're not easy to understand, but this version of you is giving me the keys to understanding you and I appreciate it. I fell in love with your beauty, for you are perfect and I never hid the fact that your good looks also attracted me, eons ago. The only difference with the is that I have matured enough to appreciate it even more.



Tonight, I finally, realize that I was wrong about my family. I used to think that your family was designed to be made of traitors. Hades couldn't risk having all of the seven sins fight against him. He had to make sure you weren't unified and I confess, I naively thought that it made the primeval gods better because they were loving each other. They cared for one another... but I was wrong. I can admit that I was mistaken for my family is no better than yours. Leviathan was a brutal ambitious god, who thought he should be given the throne of the pantheon. He thought he was clever, but he was vulgar, arrogant, and violent. His death was a beautiful gift to me and the tale of his suffering turned me on. He finally got what he deserved after he tried to force himself on me and tried to make me marry him. He got what he deserved for treating you like dirt and thinking he could best you. I am not sorry for him.

Tonight, I want Ishtar to die a horrible death for what he did to us. He was the one who cursed me. He was the one who took me away from you and for this, he must pay. I could never forget the pain I felt when I realized he'd stabbed me. He who was until then my favorite sibling fell in disgrace in my book. Ishtar killed my father, stole his power, and is sitting on the throne as the new All-Father. He is nothing but a fake king and while he's powerful and very well-versed in the art of war, my brother is impulsive. I know that seeing me would break him, for I know he fell in love with me... I know he wanted to claim me but you claimed me first, Superbia. You beat him to it and he can't get over this.

Tonight, I realize that the one I want to personally kill is Ayasha. I know deep down that if things escalated this way it was because she had a hand in this. She'd always coveted power, always wanted to shine. She hated the fact I was the father's favorite and tried everything she could to have her father notice her. In vain. She fomented that plan and guided Ishtar's hand. She made sure we would never be together by cursing me and she threatened my vessel. Ayasha's strength is her tongue and knowledge, and I want to smash her brain into pulp, rip her tongue off of her mouth and slit her throat as slowly as I could possibly do. I want her to beg and swim in her own golden blood before me. I want her to know that I killed her, Pride. I would have given her the world because I truly loved her. I genuinely thought she was loving me too but see how far it took me...If Ishtar had not been in love with me, I would have been annihilated too....it would have been the end of us, so Ayasha deserves the worst ending possible.

The storm outside is going stronger now, and the walls are shaking ominously. I didn't fret easily as it was nothing but nature responding to my emotions but I try and calm myself down for the sake of humans. I wouldn't want to risk their lives. Tonight, Finally... yes, finally, I want to kill my mother. As the goddess of all life, she certainly let us down. I knew my mother only loved three things: My father, humans, and me. She always said I was conceived out of love, but as I started to search for more information, I realized that she was a conceited liar. She didn't love me, she feared me. She was the one who instructed I was kept ignorant of my own potential. I realized that I actually have the power of the All-mother, a matching power, if not maybe more powerful. Could it be the reason she let Ishtar curse me? Could it be the reason she hid on Earth so she could focus on her true love: Humans? Why does she even love humans? The more I think, the more I realize that the only thing my mother loves about humans is their vulnerability and their need to believe in something greater than them. Their capacity to worship life is what makes her so powerful. They are nothing but « feel good » comfort pills she's taking to flatter her ego. It never was about the shortness of life and how precious it was. It always was about power...

Tonight, I want to be with you my king, the only one who truly was by my side. You have my undying loyalty already, and my love as well. I want us to have the night to let go of the emotions I'm going through. Tonight, I want my passion for you to take over and the power that runs through my veins to explode. Tonight, I want to be yours. Over and over again.


-TBC-

No comments:

Post a Comment