Wednesday, September 21, 2022

GoT: Jaime

Jaime:


"How cruel life is at times, to make me find my soulmate only to make it impossible for us to be together. I once thought you were dead, Jaime, my beloved Jaime. I once thought you were dead and the only thing I have wanted to do was to find you and give you a proper burial. I made it a mission. I made it my only goal but deep down, I was praying to the seven gods, old and new, that you would have survived somehow, and instead of a pile of bones, I would have found your arms. Oh, Jaime. If only my sister could see you as I do. If only she could see how brave of a man you are. How honorable you are. It is true that you have killed our father, but you have done so in order to save the many, and to me, this is the most important. I do not cry about the loss of a father I have never known. I do not mourn for the vile creature who hurt my mother and whose spawn I am. I do not regret his death and I wish Daenerys wouldn't either. If only she could see you as you are. You are a man of your word, a man bound to your promises. I might not have known you on the battlefield, so I cannot sing your praise, however, I have seen you defending the living during the last war. I saw you come alone, with no support from the Usurper on the throne. I saw you defend humanity and Life itself and you have always been a kind and caring man to me. How cruel life is at times, to consider that we are not a good match because of the name you carry. To consider that we are not a good match because of the crimes committed by your blood....alas... I cannot ignore the crimes you committed... but I can... I can... I wish...I wish she could see you the same way that I do and see how big your heart is, how brave you are, and how deeply in love you are with me just as I am in love with you. Whatever happens, please know that I will forever keep your heart with me and you will always keep mine with you. I swear it to the gods. I swear it on my dead mother's grave. I love you, only you."




No comments:

Post a Comment