Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Rogue x Gambit: why I love them

My second OTP in the Marvel Universe. (X-men franchise)

These two can go on their usual on/off routine for all I care. It's basically what I loved about these two: the drama, the passion. the UNRESOLVED sexual tension between the two.
The fact she was a woman who had to deal with her lack of/inability to connect to people because she couldn't touch and yet still was able to build strong relationships without it. The fact she was complex, from the total babe with a huge confidence in her abilities during fights or even her sex-appeal to the moments she felt less than human because she couldn't touch people and therefore couldn't communicate the simplest things with a hug, a kiss or just holding her friends/beloved hands. The fact she was extremely gorgeous and extremely POWERFUL too was appealing to me and in spite of that strength, she was so human that it couldn't be less than easy to connect to her and relate to her. There are days when I feel like her, trapped within myself and yet here I am.
Gambit was also appealing when I was younger and even today. he could have had become my favorite character if it wasn't for Wolverine. This man was shrouded in mystery, enigmatic, charismatic, suave and tantalizing. He was not only sexy and handsome but the man had a darker side. He made mistakes, not just once, but MANY times. He betrayed his friends, was forgiven (and back and forth played around that theme). He sacrificed what he held dear the most for the greater good. Rémy was no hero in the traditional sense of the term but he was a hero in the way he performed in the team. He was extraordinary in the way he loved Rogue. He was brave because it wasn't an easy thing to love someone you can't touch. It was spiritual, it was emotional. He was an ass, I can admit it and maybe it was the fact he was flawed that drawn me to him.
Together? I loved their banter, I loved their teasing, I loved (It hurt my poor teenage heart so much) when they fought and when they held on. Remy's determination not to let go of Rogue because she was "different?" the fact this love was genuine? The fact he even ended up "accepting" her relationship with Magneto (the brief one they had) in spite of it hurting the poor guy's heart? MAN, how could I NOT LOVE THEM?
SO yes, I love this pairing. I wish for a smoother, better relationship with a real improvement instead of the back and forth plots but it seems that it's never going to happen anymore. It's okay. like all good things, you have to let go when it's over. but I will always remember them together, of the passion between them, of the dedication one had to the other. Maybe this is why I like to write stories like that. Maybe.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment