Tuesday, April 26, 2016

unrequited love is not safe: random thoughts

I used to believe there was a beauty in unrequited love, a safety net because I already knew the ending. Was it an excuse to crash against the wall or to put a distance between people and me? was it an excuse so I could handle better the three moments of my life I let someone in and ended up devastated as a result? because frankly.. these people were a class A assholes.. borderline psychopath for one of them.
Unrequited love is not pretty. It's not even safe. Not when it's a never-ending destructive loop you choose because this way is safer. Not when you can't trust yourself enough to let someone in. Not when you're convinced that everything you'll do would only destroy the other and/or you for all you care.
so, because I'm the champion for falling for all the wrong people, it's better to watch at a distance until I come to terms with myself.
But I still have to say, you are one pretty temptation I don't know how to resist. One I'd eat with my afternoon tea without thinking about the calories because you make my whole self, tingle. Thank you for that. But I'd watch at a distance for both you and myself

No comments:

Post a Comment