Friday, April 22, 2016

Batman v superman: SPOILERS Observation N°9: The Cameos

So, like I said, I'm just going to talk about what truly caught my attention in the movie. It's just flowing as it comes to my mind so forgive the lack of expertise. You don't have to agree with me of course, it's just me trying to explain why I love that movie.
I would not talk about Wonder Woman because I talked about her in previous posts. if you're interested, please read them.
Aquaman:
It's a really short one. We don't see much. It's more visual than anything else. We see him underwater (well, Arthur is the King of the Ocean.) at what seemed like the wrecked ship. We're in the 21st century and MANY ships sunk and along with them, the seas were polluted. Do you remember the Erica affair? how much of a disaster this was? (an ecological one). I think Aquaman is tired of humans right now. They kill, over-fish, extinct species, maim poor animals (am I right Sharks?), pollute his domain. He's not really willing to welcome them. We can clearly see he's menacing, charismatic, and reclusive. He appeared like a mythical creature (Lochness monster style) and rejected that man as if he was nothing. we can see him demonstrate his strength and I LOVED IT! so powerful and the sound.... it gave me chills! This Arthur is darker, edgier, almost similar to that Justice League Unlimited episode with the Aquaman who had long hair and a hook as a hand. Finally, he gave him the respect he deserved! émoticône heart He might be the last one they would try to convince because he's most likely NOT going to accept easily émoticône grin
Flash:
(I must say, I am not fond of the actor. I don't like him because I'm too fond of Grant Gustin .. >> Sue me!)
He makes two cameos. First, what seemed like a dream but really just him traveling through time and warning Bruce about the danger the world would face if they don't "unite". He's desperate, in a hurry, scared. You KNOW the world he comes from is terrible! We know the enemy they would fight is terrifying (and the scene before let you understand we're talking about Darkseid here!) We don't see him very well which keeps him mysterious.
We know he's hidden. He's a meta-human in hiding after all. We don't see him very well, (so I don't really know his face). but we know he's on the alert. He's witnessing a crime occurring at the supermarket he's at and he manages to save the man and incapacitate the thief! He's heroic but he's discreet. He's a hero in his heart. we can see he controls his ability. We can see he's been doing that for a while now. We also know he's been hiding ever since. He's mysterious but he's good. We still have to see but I think he might grow on me, maybe?
Cyborg:
Definitely, one of my favorite we get to see his origin story. the motherbox (super important element!) we get to see his pain, we get to see his father doing his very best to save him. We don't know much about him but we know he KNOWS pain. we can figure out that he's going to have a trouble being part human and part..... machine! We also see that whatever happened to him might have been REALLY gross. but we don't know much about him so I can't wait to see his movie émoticône grin
they say each member of the league means something. If SUperman is Hope, Batman is Justice, Wonder Woman is Peace what are the others? I wonder.
it's too early to know but I can't wait to have more material to think over.

No comments:

Post a Comment