Monday, June 10, 2019

(GoT) Bäahal x Missandei. : Goodbyes

(GoT) Bäahal x Missandei. : Goodbyes


A/N : you bet they would say goodbye to each other before the Last War.


xxxxxxxxxx




« Do you remember how to dance? » Missandei's voice echoed through the walls of the princess' bedroom. Ever since Lord Jaime returned to Cersei, the princess had barely left her bedroom. She needed time to adjust to surviving the Night King and to finally march on King's Landing. The loss of Viserion, though still painful, wasn't as debilitating as it was before and she was even able to visit Drogon and Rhaegal as she pleased.


« How could I forget? I have trained for this my whole life. » She replied with a smirk, as she rolled on her side to see Missandei's frame that was standing in front of her. « Do you want me to dance? » She teased as she sat on the bed. Her silver locks fell on her face, but she tucked some behind her ear. Missandei chuckled and rubbed her arms together.


« I would very much like to see you dance, Büu... especially if this is the last time I get to see you dance. »


« Why didn't you ask me before the war against the night king? » The princess stood up while her friend sat on the bed. « It escaped your mind? »


« It sort of did, yes. I was so convinced we would survive the Long Night that I didn't think of...I didn't think of. »


« Don't worry. You had Grey Worm...I'm sorry, Torgo Nuhdo, in mind. You spent your last night with him didn't you? »


Missandei blushed and nodded. She did spend her last night with Torgo, hoping that at least they would have spent their last night together. It only occurred to her that her best friend could have died and could still die tomorrow when they march on King's Landing and the last war takes place. They shared a lifetime filled with pain and suffering and because she knew the princess was isolating herself, she decided she would come and spend some time with them Half-Targaryen. It went beyond the departure of Lord Jaime, the melancholy the princess was experiencing that night had its root in the loss she suffered throughout the years. First her mother, then her dragon and now Lord Jaime. All of them had deeply impacted her life. Her mother sacrificed herself to give a chance to her daughter to have a decent and normal life. Viserion was a solid companion, one of the most faithful and loyal companions to the princess. He helped her open her heart but he was killed by her enemies. His death poked a large hole at the princess' heart and it took a while before she could even stand the sight of his brothers. Now, Lord Jaime made her feel in ways she wasn't used to. Missandei and anyone with eyes could see that the princess was infatuated with the Knight and while all of them advised her not to proceed with those emotions, and she kept being in denial about these, the departure of the Knight hurt her.


« I was. I confess. » A shy smile crept on Missandei's lips as she cleared her throat.


« Does he make you happy? Torgo Nudho, I mean. » Inquired the princess who tossed her head on her back and lifted her arms up, drawing imaginary arabesques with her arms while her left feet was placed in front of her right one.


« He does. He's a good man. » Missandei asserted, while the princess nodded. « I wish for him to survive the last war so we could be together. »


« Do you have any plans for after the war ?  Give me rhythm, please. » Missandei nodded and started to smack her hands together to create a rhythm the princess could dance to. « You will have a house? » Missandei nodded.


« We'll go to Naath. » The princess' smile faded away and her eyes shifted from left to right. « Are you...angry with me? »


«Angry? By the gods old and new, no! I am not angry. I just...I am very happy for you Dei'. » She said with a smile on her lips. « You deserve to have the life you want and if your happiness isn't at King's landing, then you shall have it elsewhere. » Missandei kept clapping her hands and started to hum a song they used to know.


Bäahal couldn't tell Missandei that learning she would leave was breaking her heart. It would be selfish of her to request that her friend remained at King's landing when she wanted something else. However, it was taking away another friend, another connection and she realized that maybe that dance, tonight, would be the last bonding moment between the two friends. Her arms started to move and she took a step forward, then another and spun on her heels. The dance had just begun, following the rhythm settled by Missandei's hand-clapping and humming. Bäahal was the best dancer of Essos. She was called the jewel of Astapor for a reason and demonstrated the skills she perfected over the years. Her dance was flawless and seemed effortless and light like the gentle summer breeze. Her hair was flowing, mesmerizing Missandei who was captivated by the dance number in front of her. The warm orange light created by the fire behind them made the princess skin look like a living painting. She was gorgeous, focused, extremely sad and her sadness transpired through her dance. Missandei lips were trembling as she felt the emotions her friend was trying to convey. Then Bäahal stopped moving and struck a delicate pose. She was sitting on the floor, her bare feet laid flat on the floor while her hands were still drawing arabesques.


« You have the right to go, Dei. I am happy for you and I pray Torgo Nuhdo survives the last war so you can get your happy ending. »


« Or a new beginning. » She said as she wiped out her tears. « I am not abandoning you, Büu. »


« You're not. I know. » She cut her short, her breathing became more labored and her purple hues were intensely staring at Daenerys' handmaiden. « It is your destiny, you have to leave. »


« Would you are alright? » Bäahal chuckled at the question and then stood back up. « I am serious. You are not alright as of now, would you be after the war? »


« This is none of your concern. Your concern is the future you're trying to build with Torgo. This is where your mind should be at. » She said as she started to stomp on the floor, giving herself the new rhythm to follow. A faster beat, a beat with more frenzy to it. « I will leave King's landing and go find myself once the war is over. »


« You're not going to stay with your sister? » Missandei asked, wiping out another tear.


« She won't need me around. Plus... I need to figure myself out. » She rolled her head, slamming her foot harder on the floor before her whole body started to move and she resumed dancing. That was it, she had said it all. She would leave in order to learn more about herself and be Bäahal rather than the sister of the queen or a former slave. Missandei encouraged her, singing the song louder and clapping her hands in rhythm. Both could feel the heartbreak in the other, both could see the tears on their faces, both realized it was their goodbyes and when Bäahal ended her dance, both knees on the floor and her hands in front of her, assuming a praying position, Missandei stood up and knelt in front of her.


« Bäahal.... please stand up. Please, look at me. » She begged, her voice broken as the dance managed to convey the pain the princess was unable to speak of. « Please... »


« I couldn't be happier for you. » She said as she raised from the floor and sat on her heels. « I'm going to miss you Dei. I'm going to miss you. » She said, as her lips trembled and tears rolled down her cheeks.


« We will see each other again. Someday, somehow... I promise you. » But the princess shook her head.


« No. You must move forward. You must set yourself free from the life you used to lead. I am your past, not your future. » She said as she wiped Missandei's tears off of her face with her thumb.


« This is unfair...I refuse this to be our goodbyes... »


« I danced for you. Isn't it the best goodbyes we could have had? » She asked with a soft chuckle before she stood up and looked down. « I'm going to lose my best friend, but this is for the best because my best friend is going to be very happy. » She said with a soft smile.


«Büu... » She wiped her tears off of her face and stood up so she could face the princess once again. « I want you to be happy too. »


« I will be. » Empty promise but she couldn't exactly say the opposite of it. She owed Missandei to try and have a good life. She owed her to try and have all the things they promised each other to have. So it wasn't a lie, technically speaking it wasn't, so why did she fell as if she was lying? She sighed and pulled away from her friend and gave her a smile. « I don't know what tomorrow has in store for us, but I hope the gods would favor both of us. I will go on a quest, trying to learn more about myself and trying to find peace. You will go on a quest of your own, trying to live a decent and happy life with the man you love. I wish us good fortune. »


« You deserve more than just figuring yourself out. Come on, you're a princess now.  What do princesses do? » -She asked wrapping her arms around her friend and pulling her into a hug. Bäahal rolled her eyes and wrapped her arms around Missandei's frame. « You know the answer. »


« They get married and have children? » Missandei chuckled and nodded. « I don't know who would want to marry me, nor if I want to get married... but okay. That's what princesses do. » She chuckled and planted a kiss on her friend's shoulder before she closed her eyes. « Do you think the odds are in my favor like Lord Jaime thinks? »


« I can certainly hope they are. You survived the Night King. You will survive Cersei. » She said as she rubbed her back. « Thank you for dancing for me.  I forgot how beautiful it was to see you. »


« You don't have to thank me...I forgot how good it felt to be dancing. » She said as she pulled away from her friend. « stay with me for a while, Dei. Before you go back to Torgo Nuhdo. »


Missandei smiled and took the princess to her bed. They both laid on the soft mattress. Bäahal was baring her back at her friend who wrapped her arms around her waist and pulled her into a tight hug. It was the last night the two friends spent together, but both were able to say goodbye the way they wanted to. With love.


-TBC-

No comments:

Post a Comment