Monday, June 10, 2019

Elpis and Pride: They took everything from me


Elpis leaned against the balcony of her chambers. Her golden orbs stared in front of her, at the beautiful and decadent landscape of the Hades. She could get used to this world if she was trying hard but could she really when death was all there was? For someone as bright as the goddess, the Underworld felt very empty. She sighed and rolled her head, allowing her pink locks to fall onto her chest. Her soul wasn't at peace, knowing that her traitorous siblings were still alive and ruling the Elder gods pantheon. Her mind wasn't at peace ever since she was set free. For thousands of years she had been plotting her revenge against her siblings, She designed her revenge and imagined different ways of killing Ishtar and Ayasha. But for the moment, it was nothing but a daydream. It seemed out of reach and the thought of it made her furrow her brows.


In moments like these, she had to be patient -but Elpis? Patient? She simply couldn't be-. She had to trust Pride and trust he would actually prepare them for revenge. Superbia had always been an excellent strategist. He was always taking his time to plan and perfect his plan and struck only when it was the right time for this. She remembered the past very well and she noticed he had not changed this side of him. After all, patience set her free. It was because he waited for Leviathan to be out of focus and driven by anger and pride before he finally met him. He carefully picked the place, forged Khaos, and taunted the god during their battle. He took his time to ensure his victory and Elpis knew she would have to be smart and follow his path.


« They took everything from me. » She said in a sigh, talking to nobody but herself.


Yes, her siblings took everything from her. From her freedom to the siblings who loved her. They killed her father and stole his throne and power. They had to pay one way or another. The goddess dropped her head, allowing her pink locks to fall onto the balcony. Pride was busy hunting down his siblings. She had to take into consideration that he would first try to curb stomp his rebellious siblings first. Greed, Wrath, and Envy almost got the best of him and they would not stop until he was defeated, which Pride couldn't allow of course. Because he couldn't fight two wars are the same time, she understood his need to eliminate the threat posed by his siblings.


« Not everything. » -His voice pierced the silence that had settled in the goddess' chamber.-


Pride had just appeared, after a very long day searching for his siblings with Lust. He felt her energy as soon as he entered the Underworld and he could feel she was frustrated and lonely. Elpis turned around to face the good, her bright golden eyes were staring at him.


« Well... I can agree with you. » But it wasn't completely true. She lost her connection to Pride, the one she had before he was unmade by Hades and no matter how eager she was to get to know this new version of him, she still lost her beloved.


« You don't seem to fully agree with me. » He noted and walked towards her. She tilted her head to the side, her pink locks fell over her shoulders while she pinched her sugary full lips together. She took a deep breath and closed her eyes, allowing a couple of tears to roll down her perfect cheeks.


« How could I fully agree with you, when you're another version of the Sin I fell in love with? I lost /my/ Superbia. I lost the one who felt for me, who cared for me. No matter how much I want to get to know you, I still lost him... I am alone. » She stated, more tears rolling onto her cheeks. He cupped her cheek and the back of her neck with his larger hand and yanked her head back so she could look at him. Elpis was unbelievably beautiful, to the point that it almost distracted him.


« You're right about one thing, your superbia is dead and /I/ am Superbia now. Whether you agree with it or not, he's in the past, where he belongs. You have changed as well Elpis, you're no longer the Elpis he used to know or the Elpis I remember. Let. The. Past. Go. » He advised, his voice still soft but his tone making it clear he gave her an order.


Pride didn't like when she mentioned his old-self. He despised the old version of him because he considered he was weak but he also understood why it was difficult for the goddess to let go. Understanding didn't mean he accepted it, and he was more than annoyed to have his past being rubbed on his face. Superbia was dead, long live Superbia! He was better, far better than the weak version she met more than 2000 years ago and he wanted her to see /him/. Her eyes were still filled with tears she was crying and he flicked them with his thumb. She shivered and put her hands on his wrists.


« Easy for you to say...for me it feels like yesterday. » Pride eyes turned purple as a flash of anger crossed his eyes. She cupped his cheek and stroked it with her soft hand. « Not seeing you doesn't make things easier. I want to get to know you. How can I let go of the past if I never see you? » Touché. He wanted her to forget about his old self, but he didn't give her the opportunity to see /him/. « Let me be with you. » She almost begged before she furrowed her brows and removed her hand from his cheek.


« You haven't recovered yet. » He said coldly. Elpis couldn't interfere with his work. She had not fully recovered -he wasn't lying- and she could become an easy target for his siblings. He couldn't risk her life and waste it like that. He couldn't give his siblings a mean to reach out to him. Elpis was a liability for him, so he wouldn't have her by his side until the situation with Wrath, Greed and Envy were settled.


« Oh... I see. I will be locked some more in this ivory tower of yours. » She sneered, pulling his hand off of her and turning around so she would bare her back at him. She was angry again. « You don't want me around, just say it and go. You set me free because your ego wanted it and now, I'm just like those broken toys kids toss away. » She was bitter and her bile made him frown.


« Elpis, this is not what it is and you know it. Your life right now is a liability. My enemies are powerful, far more powerful than you and should they know about your existence, your life is in danger. I do not have the time to worry about my life and yours. If I didn't care, you would have been dead by now. Maybe I would have killed you myself. » He threatened, his eyes now fully purple. It made her turn around and stare at him again, ashamed as she had not considered things this way. He did care, he did set her free and he didn't even kill her vessel. Her being sidelined didn't mean he had forgotten about her. She sighed and put her hand on her chest.


« That would have been the worst betrayal of my whole existence. » She simply let out before she walked closer to the sin and wrapped her arms around his waist. « I won't interfere with your siblings and you. This is not my war but.... » she looked at him again. « Give me a chance to know you, I beg of you. » She said, the word « beg » costing her more than she cared to show but it was necessary. Pride smirked and grabbed her neck again for a kiss.


« I didn't hear you well. » He repeated, in between their lips as he pressed another kiss onto her soft lips.


« I said...give me a chance to know you... I beg of you. » She repeated again, pressing her lips to his while her arms wrapped tighter against him.


« I'll consider. » was all he said before he lifted her up and brought her back to her chambers.


-TBC-

No comments:

Post a Comment