Monday, May 4, 2020

SoA: love is in the air

(SoA)

"They say that the first ray of sunshine would pierce through the darkness of Winter; Spring is supposed to make you reconsider your life, start fresh, as Motherfucking nature does. Spring is supposed to have you reinvent yourself and that made me think. Have I really changed? Sure, I am sober now, for 4 years straight, I have been. Yet, I still feel like the woman I was eons ago. The one who knew Oscar, the one who lost her parents, the one who learned her brother was killed from broadcasted news. I am still afraid because I know I have something to lose again; I have a new family, made of people who could disappear just like that, like a snap of a finger. I have turned on a new leaf, learned how to protect myself, and I speak my mind again fearlessly... and yet... yet, I'm still afraid. So.. How does Spring works for us? Do we really change like the weather? do we grow? Do we shed the past like one caterpillar sheds its husk and becomes a butterfly? Do we really become something else? or are we deluding ourselves into thinking we became better,? I don't know... But it's spring baby and where there's the sun, there is life and this is what I'm doing. I'm still, living."




No comments:

Post a Comment