Monday, May 4, 2020

The misadventures of Eros and Thanatos: My tender love.


The misadventures of Eros and Thanatos: My tender love.


In the dead of the night, when thoughts are the clearest, I turn my head and look at you. Watching you so peacefully sleep overwhelms me with warmth. I feel lucky because I get to be the one who could watch you sleep. I get to be the one who could stare at you while you're at peace. I get to be the one you entrust with your safety and your well-being. Do you know how beautiful you are when you sleep? When there are no worries in the world and your body so nonchalantly turns around? Do you know how sweet it is for me to watch you curl against me? Search for the comfort of my body? Even in your sleep, you make me feel like I'm the only soul in the world. You make me feel like we're only two and we're enough just together.


In the dead of the night, when thoughts are the clearest, my tender love, I am in awe. I can feel your steady breathing over my skin, the sweet rhythm of your heartbeats that serenades me, even in your sleep. You make it feel safe right there. Right here. My heart beats at your pace, slowly matching the soothing beat. My mind's at peace, right there, with your beautiful face as the only focus of the night. And the love I feel for you making my own heart soar. Oh, I love you so! I love when there's no demons and nightmares when we are together. I love how your arm wraps around my frame to keep me closer to you and I love to feel the warm breath of yours brush over the skin of my neck. You protect me, even in your sleep.


In the dead of the night, when thoughts are the clearest, here you are staring at me. Silence is comfortable for we don't need words to say « I love you. », we don't need words to say we care. All I need is the way you look at me, with wonder and curiosity, with a tempest in your soul followed by the calm of the sea, with excitement and fondness... with the sense of « I belong » written all over it. It's a gaze filled with love, one I never knew could exist. And I look at you, vulnerable, invincible, and in the same turmoil as yours. I look at you with sparkles in the eyes and fireworks in the heart. I look at you as I would look at the beautiful landscape I could see from the Porsche of my second residence in Summer. I look at you as I would when I go home after a long day. I feel at home with you. I feel myself with you. I feel alive... My tender love, how I love you!


In the dead of the night, when thoughts are the clearest, here you are smiling at me. And the heavyweight I carried on my shoulders, all of a sudden disappears. I tremble and shake whenever you smile at me and I feel unshed tears fill my eyes. You are such a work of art, of pure unbridled art that graced my sight. Your face always lit up when you look at me and it always moves me. It always makes me smile and always makes me burn inside. My tender love, how I love you. This love is serene, it is because /I/ know. I don't need you to prove to me your love. I don't need you to go out of your ways to love me or show me you care. Because the devil is in the little details and I already know that you love me. You love me when you look at me. You love me when we laugh together. You love me when you cook something for me. You love me when you let me do what I love and you love me when you trust me with people who aren't you. My tender love.. how could I not fall in love with you? How could I not want eternity with you?

No comments:

Post a Comment