Thursday, April 30, 2020

DOYA : Sarah Thomas strikes again.


DOYA : Sarah Thomas strikes again.



A/N : I wanted a sweet moment between these two, talking about their lives while Oya is recovering from an injury. It's also a nice nod to « married to the job » I did three years ago.


Xxxxxx


Previously on Supernatural: Sarah Thomas first saw Oya about three years ago. Oya visited them on Herny Thomas -her mentor- anniversary and they had a heartfelt conversation about the hunter's life. The last met about a year ago, when Sarah felt guilty about quitting that life and building a family with the love of her life. She tracked Oya down and met her at a motel and the two of them had a long conversation that helped Sarah realize that she didn't want to lead a Hunter's life but was satisfied with her family life. Since then, the kept in touch with texts and phone calls. Just yesterday evening, while Sarah was making dinner, Oya rang her bell. She opened the door and saw a blood-covered Oya who gave her a sheepish smile before she collapsed onto her. Sarah helped her clean up, cleaned her wounds, and gave her a pair of blue pajamas.


Now :




«Hey... » -Sarah's voice pierced through the silence that had settled in the bedroom.-


She had just crossed the front door, carrying two mugs of coffee while wearing a pair of jeans and a plain black t-shirt. Oya was standing in front of the window, wearing oversized blue flannel pajamas. She had her right hand over her belly, that was recently stitched by the blonde. Her hazel eyes were looking past the window, to Sarah's husband playing with their twin daughters in the garden. Sarah saw Oya flinch and then relax before she turned around and grinned at her friend.


« Hey... » -Sarah stepped closer again, this time standing near Oya and watching her family past the window as well. « How's the pain? »


« Manageable. » She snarled and took a sip of her coffee. «...Sarah..... I meant to stop by but.. you know how it is, right? »


Her tone lacked the confidence Oya always had when she talked to others. She was most of the time very assertive and seemed to be knowing what she wanted and how she wanted it. It was one of the qualities Sarah envied her, but the blonde knew Oya enough to see that in front of loved ones and when pressed, this façade tended to disappear. Oya was unsure of how Sarah would react to seeing her now, a year since they last met. Sarah lifted a brow, took an ominous look on her face before she heartily laughed.


« Oh my god, Oya! cut the dramatics! It's okay. I know that life, remember? »


« You're not... mad? Last time we met you... kinda were. » She pointed out, taking another sip of her beverage. Sarah chuckled and gently ran her hand over the petite hunter's black locks.


« I was silly back then. I was hurting because I was missing my dad. I wanted to feel close to him again and I foolishly thought that becoming a hunter was the right way to go. »


« You weren't silly. You were hurting. » -The ebony hunter's voice was reassuring.-


« I stalked you for days until I gathered enough strength to talk to you. »


« Eeeewwwww... you're right, you were silly! » Oya chuckled again and leaned her head against Sarah's shoulder. Outside, the twins were having a blast with their father, running around, trying to catch him with their tiny hands and arms. « Henry would have been proud of you. You're happy, your family is too. »


Sarah wrapped her arms around her friend's shoulder and pulled her into a tight but nice hug. The ebony hunter remembered how distraught Sarah was when she found her. She had barely slept and she had been crying. She thought that maybe, by not being a hunter like her father wanted her to be, she didn't make him proud. She started to believe that he would have wanted her to be more like Oya and never forgave her choice, but those emotions had been triggered by her home invasion. Had Joshua not be severely injured and brought home by his friend, Sarah wouldn't have questioned her choices.


« We are happy. » Her voice softened and she walked towards the bed. « Now, have a sit, O. » -She had this excited tone about her that let Oya know Sarah wanted to gossip a little. It made Oya chuckle and she left the window to walk towards the bed and sit down. « You know you don't have to leave tomorrow right? How about you stay for a few more days? »


« Yeah...I'll stay for a couple days before I hit the road again. »


« I know, I know, you're eager to find Dean again. » Sarah teased her, which made Oya blush and shrug. «I've just been dying to know something. »


«I'm almost afraid to ask 'what'. » Oya admitted.


She knew Sarah was straight forward. She had a knack at making people spill their guts and Oya really didn't want to spill hers. The ebony hunter wasn't very good at expressing her emotions and she knew Sarah would want to make her do just that. Maybe with a wise joke, she could derail the conversation.... mmmhhh no, she couldn't. Sarah knew her way too much to fall for that.


« Don't worry, I won't bite. I'm just going to ask you one simple question. » -The excitement in the eyes


« pfft... Go on? » Oya put her legs on the bed and crossed them. « I guess it has something to do with Dean since you mentioned him. »


« Yeah. Yeah, it does. I'm not going to ask you if you're happy because I know you are. It's nothing new under the sun. » -Oya put her glass of coffee on the night desk. And Sarah crossed her legs as well, now facing the young woman.


« Oh, snap! Don't say it, Sarah! Don't! » Oya grabbed a pillow and pushed her face against it.


« Don't say what? Don't say that you are in LUUUUUV with him? » She said with a soft chuckle. « I don't need to say it, it's written all over your face. » -She emptied her glass of coffee and put it on the night desk as well.


« Ugh... come on. I'm not a teenager anymore.  What's your question? » Sarah grinned widely and took a deep breath.


« Who is Dean Winchester. Who is he, really? I hear about him, hunters always chat about him and he did pretty awesome stuff. But, who is Dean Winchester you know? » -As a matter of fact, she knew her friend enough to be able to tell just by looking at her if she did have genuine feelings for someone. She didn't want to confirm what she already knew, she wanted to hear Oya talk about Dean in ways she never did.-


« Who Dean is ?... That's what you want to know? » Sarah nodded and Oya's features softened as she thought of Dean. She blushed and gently bit at her bottom lip. His face flashed in her mind, and she saw him smile at her. « Dean Winchester is... a strong good man. People always think he's this goddamn hero who doesn't feel anything and just runs towards danger. He's not superhuman. He's human. He's.. so beautiful. » She felt her eyes slowly getting filled with unshed tears. « He lost so much, Sarah, people see his greatest adventures as something exciting and fun while it will forever be laced with loss and pain. Dean is scarred, just like me, but he still keeps on saving lives. He still keeps on moving forward and helping people. He keeps on giving. I see him, and the only thing I want to do is move forward with him, give him support, affection.. give him everything because he is my everything. He's... »

As she realized her words, she chuckled and squeezed the pillow tighter. Sarah's eyes grew wider as Oya spoke. She felt the slight sob that died down at the back of her throat. She saw how warm and caring Oya's gaze was.


« Dean is... a man worth fighting for. He's my home. You know? He's the place I always return to. He is.. he's my everything and, trust me, in that shitty life we have to live, he's the best thing to ever happen to me. I told him that, that he was the best thing in my whole fucking life.. oh.. no offense Sarah, okay? »


« None taken... » Sarah's voice was just a breath. « None took, Oya this is beautiful. » She said as she wiped a tear away. « it's so beautiful. Holy Shit! I didn't expect you to go off like that. I am.. I am just...okay, you know what? Why don't you go downstairs and play a little with the kids? » -Her bright eyes were staring at the hunter who was sitting in front of her. « BUT before you go, tell me again how you two met? »


Oya rolled her eyes but ended up smiling. That, she could tell.


-TBC-

No comments:

Post a Comment