Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Doya -this is everything-

// All the usual disclaimers


I've always believed that the life we lead as hunters was a lonely life. My life used to be lonely, it used to be made of battles and deep wounds. It used to be made of grief and loss. I lost my whole family... I lost someone I was deeply in love with. I decided that since this life was unforgiving, the only good thing I could do was to give in. I remembered when we met, how hellbent I was on going on that hunt on my own. I remembered how difficult it was for me to settle in with you. I remembered how scared I was to get attached to all of you.

But I did get attached. I did find my place, and little by little, hunting became less lonely. I rooted myself with this family, I became a part of it. I trusted you, Today, when I look at us, I now see that this life doesn't have to be lonely. it doesn't have to be when I have you, Sam and Castiel with me. It doesn't have to be when we're together, Dean. it never is. We're stronger when we're together, you and I, stronger than I could ever be on my own. I look back at all we faced together, the fights, the wounds, the tears... I look at my scars, I look at yours, I look at your face at night and I relish in the comfort of your arms around my frame. Are we still plagued with nightmares? yes, we are. Are we still worried about tomorrow.. yes we are. but we do have each other and this, this is everything...

This is everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment