Sunday, June 13, 2021

Pause

Pause. 


Breathe. 


Allow your thoughts to wander for a while. Life goes so fast that sometimes we don't have enough time to just stop and breathe. I  have been confused for a couple months now, watching as time kept moving forward and so did my life without actually taking the full grasp of the changes. I was just going with the wind and then the wind just became too fast and too hard to handle. so I stopped.


Pause. 


Breathe. 


Allow your thoughts to wander for a while. I realized that I was growing. the more I understand my surroundings, my history and my past, the better I become. I found strength in my introspection, I noticed the good, I projected myself towards a better future. I acknowledged my needs and desires. oh that part, especially the desires part had never really been put on the table until now. how funny things are when you think of it. 


Pause. 


Breathe. 


Allow your thoughts to wander for a while. Allow yourself to want the best in your life. I thought I was knee deep in the quicksand, never really thought that I was actually even more free than I anticipated to be. Yet, Here I am. Free in soul, free in body yet shackled in mind. Afraid to move forward, but aware of that fear. 


Pause. 


Lay down. 


Close your eyes. 


I took a big leap of faith. I chose to be where I am today and despite the challenges that arose, I'm still there, still fighting. still moving forward and still capable of love. Yeah. Love. it's my fuel. it's the reason I'm still here, remember? I love and I let others love me and I guess that no matter what happens, as long as I have this love, I would be able to move mountains. 


Besides, I've come a long way. what's not to celebrate? do I have to wait for something extraordinary to celebrate? No. there's no need for that. each day is already glorious, it's one more day with the living. it's one more day spent dreaming about a better life and one more possibility to be happy, surrounded with those I care about.  I've come a long way and this should be celebrated. each day. 


Every day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment