Sunday, November 20, 2022

Doya: Sam and Oya: Comfort

/// I miss these two idiots. So here you are, some siblings' shenanigans. 


xxx


Sam was busy reading one of Oya's spellbooks. He had taken a liking to discover new cultures and since he was not well-versed in African spells and teratology, he wanted to learn. He looked at his phone and noticed that he had received a lovely text from Eilein, his girlfriend -could they even consider each other as such?-. He couldn't help but smile upon reading her name and did not notice Oya who snuck up on him and sat on the couch he was laying at. He groaned as the young woman pulled the book off of his hands and rolled his eyes as she gave him a sheepish look. 


"What are you doing, Gremlin?" -She gently ran her hand over his arm.- "What??"


"I'm bothering you. Bookworm." -She giggled before her hazel eyes set upon the phone.- "Is that Eileen? Did she text you? Would you see her soon?"


"Oya. You're asking way too many questions." -She shrugged and crossed her arms above her chest. - "Don't sulk, please."


"I'm not sulking. I haven't seen you in a while so I was curious, Sammy." -She said, smiling warmly. The book was closed and put on her lap for the time being. - "I see you've been reading my spellbook. Anything nice in there?"


"You know I love learning new spells. There is plenty to learn here." -He smiled at her and gently patted her back.- "It's true we haven't seen each other in a while. I know you're busy working with my brother."


"That doesn't mean I can't have time for you, Sam. I have missed you. I have missed spending time with you and Castiel at the bunker."


"Work never stops, now, does it?" -He asked but it was a rhetorical question. There were always monsters to stop, demons and angels to stop, and sometimes humans as well. Earth was their playground and hunters were doing their best to save as many souls as they could. Oya shook her head and sucked on her bottom lip.- "O. Can I ask you a question?" -She nodded- "Okay... I just... I wanted to... How do you deal with hunting with Dean? Aren't you scared that something might happen to him?"


The question had the hunter freeze. She blinked several times and chewed at her bottom lip. As a matter of fact, Oya had been paranoid about losing Dean. She knew she would do anything to protect him and the rest of the family with all she had. So far, she had been the one who nearly died, twice and they always came to her rescue. Yet, Dean was known for striking deals with demons, pairing himself up with backstabbing bitches who would not hesitate to manipulate his desire to save his family and the world and use it against Dean. So, Oya took it upon herself to watch him, guide him, and comfort him when they were hunting together.  The young woman put her hand over her heart, feeling it beat faster than usual and she sighed deeply.


"I am always scared, Sammy. I've never realized how scared of losing him I was until I was attacked by Pluto."


"What makes you...keep hunting with him then?"


"Can the world exist without the sun?" -She replied with a grin and patted her heart with her warm palm.- "We both take the risk to die every single day when we step out of the bunker to work on a case. Death is part of Life and we cannot avoid it. We just have to live. I want to have as many memories as I can with him and I want him to have as many memories with me as possible. I want us to live, Sammy and I know that you want Eileen to live as well." -She gently smiled at him and leaned her cheek against her shoulders as she looked at the younger Winchester-


Sam blushed hard but shrugged as he looked at his phone. Oya had caught him red-handed. Of course, he was seeing Eileen but both were considering whether or not they should take their relationship to another level, and make it a serious one. Sam had lost a lot of people in his life, especially the ones he loved. Could he really take the risk to lose yet another lover? He loved Eileen and it seemed to be something far more intense and far more serious than his previous relationship. They were both kind souls who wanted to save as many people as possible. They had been through a lot, in ways that only Eileen could understand. Of course, she did not know about his time in Hell, the whole "true vessel of Lucifer" story but she knew how it felt to be different. She could relate to him in ways very few could. Besides, she was very appreciated by his brother and Oya almost gave her blessings to Sam. So what was holding him back? 


"I don't think I could handle losing someone else. O. It's been difficult when we thought we were losing you. I don't think I could." -She cupped his cheek and stroked it gently. his eyes grew wide but he leaned into her touch. "O..."


"You will always care for her like you will always care for us. Whether you hunt with her or not, you will always worry for her. So that argument is a little moot, don't you think?" -He sighed but didn't reply- "Besides...I told you that I want us to live. Sam, you've been denying yourself the right to be happy for far too long. After all, you've been through, don't you think that it would be good for you to be loved and to have someone to love? Eileen is a good person, and you are a good person... Dean and I both love her so... what's holding you back?"


"I don't know. I don't want to hurt her and I don't want to lose her. I... I want to protect her but she can handle herself very well, so...I don't..."


"You can have her back. That's what you do. You have her back like Dean has mine. He trusts me. He believes in me and more importantly, we look after each other. The same fear that Dean carries in his heart, I carry with me, so of course, I would always be careful when he's around. There is... something I can't quite describe when you live and work with someone who does the same job as you. It's freeing, Sammy. It's freeing to be with someone who can understand you. Don't run away from Love. Don't...run away from Life." -She repeated while she stroked his cheek with her thumb one last time before she removed her hand and put it back on her lap-


Sam listened to her words and strangely enough, found comfort in them. Oya was right. They had to live their lives. As the younger Winchester was considering Oya's words, he realized that he had been sacrificing himself most of his life. He didn't have a normal childhood, and he couldn't have normal relationships because the women he loved ended up dying. Sam wanted to have a family. He wanted to find a companion who could understand and respect his line of work, someone who would know what it was to be devoted to the work and who wouldn't ask him to choose between a white-picket-fenced life and the life of a hunter. He smiled at Oya and gave her his most sheepish smile. 


"You're right. I will write back to her. She's been asking me to hunt with her but I have always pushed it back. I really want it to work, you know? I want to have what you and Dean have. I've never seen my brother happy like this before and yet since he's met you, he is himself. Since he met you... He is happy. I want the same." -She nodded and crossed her legs together.-


"You deserve this and even more, Sammy.... remember, you're never alone and if you need support, you can always text me or give me a call." -She grinned widely and giggled.- "I can't believe I've just suggested becoming your wingman, but I totally wanna be your wingman now."


"Get outta there!" -Sammy was now red, blushing hard as the prospect of having a wingman, especially Oya was making him feel like a teenager again. "I know how to flirt. but.... I'll make sure to talk to you if I need anything. I promise."


Oya smiled at him and gently nestled on the couch next to him. She opened the spellbook and pointed at her favorite spell. They talked about magic for a while, then she encouraged him to write to Eileen before the hunter fell asleep next to Sam. He looked at her as her breathing became steady and her features relaxed.  She really was cute when she was sleeping. He called Dean to come and pick up his girl because he couldn't move from the couch and then resumed reading the book. The conversation they just had made Sam feel warm inside. Oya never let up. It was only fair for him to expect her to keep pushing until he was convinced to text that woman. He couldn't be mad at Oya, he just couldn't.


-TBC-

No comments:

Post a Comment