Monday, November 21, 2022

Klasma: third encounter with Elijah

 // Because they keep on running into each other. This time, maybe they'll be able to hold a conversation.


xx


Mary's eyes grew wide open as she felt the familiar supernatural presence enter her shop. She was at the store's reserve, looking for the ingredients that would serve in her new unguent when she felt Elijah's presence. Her golden eyes shifted from left to right as she was wondering how she could react to his visit. The last two had not ended well, with her lashing out at the Original and him being his usual stiff vampire self. She moistened her lips and put her hand on the wall in front of her. She couldn't end all of their interactions the same way. Elijah would always return and she couldn't bring Elena's gang's attention to her. Damon had already come to her twice and he discovered her true nature almost by accident. It was already difficult to keep people at a distance, it would become even more difficult to deal with a vampire, and one of the worst of them at that. 


Mary was petrified. She didn't want to see  Elijah because she knew their conversation would always hurt her. He did apologize for his shortcomings and wished to rekindle his relationship with the witch. Was it the reason that led him to her shop again? Mary wasn't sure. Her eyes shifted from left to right and she put her warm palm around her lips. She felt him enter the reserve but didn't flinch as he closed the distance between the two of them. A flick of her wrist closed the door behind him but she didn't turn around to face him. Tension arose and the witch became stiff. Elijah cleared his throat and  adjusted his necktie. Mary tilted her head to the side, her heavy pink locks fell onto her chest and her fingers fidgeted with her dress.


"Mary..." -He tried to move closer but she shook her head-


"Don't... please. Don't come closer." -She pleaded with him, still not looking at her old friend.- "Just say your piece.and leave."


"Are you still angry at me?" -He asked with a softer tone. She shook her head and ran her hand over her arm-


"I am not mad anymore. You realized the pain you caused me. I have made my peace with the past."


"Have you? Mary..." -She shushed him by lifting a finger up. She didn't want to dwell on their past, not after it took her so long to move forward. Elijah did admit his wrongs. Mary didn't want to be hurt again and she didn't want to open fresh scars.- "mmhh."


"I am not mad at you, however it still hurts me to see you. So, I'll ask you a question: What do you need this time?"


That hurt. Elijah bit his inner cheek and put his fingers on his chin. He hated the feeling it gave him. The Witch didn't see a friend in him anymore, however, she repeated back to his face his old behaviour. He shouldn't feel guilty, perhaps he wasn't even feeling guilty, but the Original didn't like his image. He didn't like to see his mistakes nor the disdain in the way she spoke to him. yet, once again, she was right. He came to her because he needed her help but asking for it now felt.. wrong. 


"I just need to talk to you. I did have something I wanted to request from you but now that I see you again? I just want to talk."


"We've never talked before. I am not sure you're interested in talking to me, Elijah." -She sonded resigned. Mary sighed and held her arms together.- "Elijah, listen. I know you're worried about Klaus and so am I. Yet, I trust that if he needed help, I would have felt it. What happened between Klaus and I is only for us. However, I can tell you that we are close and I have his best interest at heart."


"I believe you. I know you're not going to hurt my brother. I never thought you would. I --- I wanted to warn you about him. I wanted to let you know that he could hurt you, even if he doesn't mean to. It's not my place to try and tell you what you do."- She turned around to look at him and crossed her arms above her chest.-


"I know who he is. I know him, Elijah, far more than you think I do. I am not expecting something impossible from him. I know who he is." -She furrowed her brows and rubbed her arms a little harder- "You didn't possibly come all this way just to warn me about your brother." -He shook his head- "You didn't come here to apologize again." -He nodded.- "Then... why are you here?"


"I wanted to ask you for dinner. I wanted to have a chance to make things right. Is it... something you'd like to do?"


She nodded and put her hand over her chest. Elijah gave her a faint smile and quietly walked away from her shop. She was giving her a chance to make things right and that was warming his heart. Perhaps, something good could come out of it. Perhaps, a friendship. A real one. 


-TBC-

No comments:

Post a Comment