Monday, January 4, 2016

S.o.A: can I dream again?

I grew up with wings on my back,
Dreams I wanted to fulfill.
I grew up in a house filled with love until little by little it broke into pieces.
From a father who died at war to a mother who's only an empty shell
From a loving brother who became part of a gang and now is dead.
Can I dream again?

Oscar Mendez was a broken promise,
A devil in disguise who took so much from me.
He broke my bones, he broke my mind and took my dreams away
He terrorized me for so many years until finally I braced myself and escaped
Running, running, running away from his deceptive grip
I found myself a safe place

Cody found me and soon after him Oscar was here.
What choice did I have than to run away again? this time with my brother?
He took me to Charming, we've been careful right? Oscar can't find us.
No.. can't find me. I warned Cody that he would bite a bullet
And a bullet he bit for messing around with kingpins and gangs.A shame
A shame indeed.

So I drink and I work. I work and I drink. I don't know much about Charming
I heard of Hoes and gangs and all of their shit. Well.. I don't care
I don't want to be involved, I know all too well how it ends.
I don't want to be involved because I would end up dead. Ah! Dead.
Am I not already? Am I?
No.. not really.

I want to start over, I need to move on
Charming for what I heard isn't too harsh on the price. Yes, the price.
The one you pay for happiness. A little bit of this and a little bit of that
A possible good life for those who play by the rules, the honest ones.
I don't want to end up dead in some dark alley like my brother.
I don't want Oscar to find me. I Don't want to die.
Either by his abusive hand, either by mine.

So what do I want?

I want to live! Is it too much to ask?

No comments:

Post a Comment