Friday, January 29, 2016

S.O.A: Introducing Oscar Mendez

(introducing that other S.O.A! background character. the infamous Oscar Mendez. Since he won't appear in the story before a long long LONG time but I wanted to give him a try)

xxx

He called 911 and they took Asma to the hospital. He called 911. He did the right thing.He fixed everything. Oscar's hazel eyes were shifting from left to right as he stroked his neck and ran his hand over his face. He did the right thing, he would go and see Asma after the doctors took care of her. It wasn't his fault, after all, she wanted to leave him. She wanted to become an astronaut and she would have succeeded if he didn't intervene. So, they argued and his mind slipped. His fists talked and she ended up on the bottom floor, her leg twisted beyond recognition, her dream gone.

He believed she would recover fast, well he hoped for it. for her recovery. A fast shower to clean himself up, long sleeves to cover his bruised knuckles up and he went to the hospital. They made him wait for a while. His leg kept shaking as he came to the realization that he might have killed her for good. Panic started to overwhelm him and he genuinely worried about her. She was the only one to keep him sane, the only one to make him feel worthy of being loved. He wouldn't want her to die. How could he survive?

The doctor finally allowed him to visit his fiancé. She stiffened and leaned against the wall as he came closer. Her eyes were wide open and her lips were tightly closed. Oscar scratched the back of his head and froze.

"Asma..."

"Did you come here to see your work?" She looked away and bit her bottom lip.

"Asma, Kitten, I didn't want to do that." He stepped forward but she shook her head and hissed at the pain she felt. in her ribcage. "Come on, I just.. I came to see you."

"You've seen enough." She said, shaking at the sight of him. He was so tall and so broad and while she tried to remain strong in front of him, the brunette was terrified. "Please... go away."

"You can't throw me away like that. I'm your fiancé!" He growled, making her chew on her bottom lip and shifty look with him. Her chestnut orbs finally stared at the window. She couldn't stand him near her and goosebumps covered her arms as he went walked in circles.

"Are you? Are you Oscar? You've ruined my life! my dream is gone! I can't go to space anymore! I can't become an astronaut. I can't....I can't.. my leg is.." -she was starting to hyperventilate and fanned herself as tears rolled down her cheeks. Oscar's heart sunk and he genuinely wanted to comfort her but she shook her head.

"You wanted to leave! You wanted to leave /me/! WHY did you want to break my heart, amor! You know how important you are to me. You know how much I love you. I couldn't accept you to leave me."

"You could have been proud of me Oscar! we could have been so much more. you crippled me! You did this! YOU!" She was still hyperventilating and she tried to keep her composure but he wouldn't stop and she knew that. His genuine concern turned into anger the minute she threw his responsibility in his face and he furrowed his brows.

"You would have left me. Don't lie." His voice was menacing and Asma froze again, as he came closer and sat on the bed next to her. "I couldn't let it happen. You know how you are when you're passionate, you don't always think through. You didn't think through this time. you were going to make a mistake and we could have avoided it if you stuck to the plan."

He cupped her cheek and started to stroke it softly. Asma stared at him, internally screaming. He was still angry, she could tell, the hair on her arms was electric. Asma remained silent so he insisted. "Will you stick to the plan now? Be a good girl and do as I say?" Her fingers were clenched onto the sheet and she closed her eyes, crying silently.

"Will you stick to the plan now?" She didn't reply, she kept weeping and held her sheets tighter, which had him growl louder. "WILL YOU?" She quickly nodded and wiped her tears off of her face. Satisfied Oscar kissed her forehead and patted her cheek "I will see you tomorrow and when you're discharged I'll pick you up since you wouldn't be able to walk."

"Okay..." She whispered, looking away once again as he stood up and left the bedroom.

He was angry and confused. She refused to believe that he beat her up because he wasn't right in his mind, he was a selfish sadistic son of a bitch yet she had known him for so long and he used to be a good lad. So, it probably would pass. He wouldn't be this abusive. She had to believe in him otherwise her world would be shattered, wouldn't it? There had to be a reason...

There had to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment