Saturday, January 26, 2019

Elpis x Pride : a place in the dark

Pride and Elpis:

"I think I have proven my loyalty to you already." 

Elpis said as she held onto the balcony of pride's chambers. She had been wandering in the confines of his castle, unable to leave it and explore his realm for he put a restrictive spell on her. The goddess felt punished for she wasn't allowed to wander out of the Underworld and he would not let her go back to Earth. Her light was losing its shine as she was deprived of human worship and sun. It didn't matter to her... what did was that she couldn't go after her pantheon and destroy them as she so often dreamed of. She was afraid Pride would steal her vengeance from her or even worse, keep her locked forever in another prison, a golden one but a prison nonetheless. Pride lifted a brow as he was standing next to her and contemplating his realm.

"What is your point, Elpis?"

He wouldn't answer her question because he believed she already knew the answer. She did prove her loyalty to him. She did come to him and told him she embraced this new version of the Sin. What more could she do? Although he could come up with a few ideas of his own with time, Pride knew that Elpis was loyal to him. He had sensed frustration from Her but couldn't quite understand why she was so restless. The goddess turned her braided head to the sin and clenched her fists. 

"You don't want me out there.... are you denying me my revenge?" She furrowed her brows and looked at his face to see his reactions. He seemed to think she was being silly and shook his head. 

"Are you suggesting I do not trust you enough to fight by my sides?"

"You tell me... it's all I have ever wanted. You know that there is nothing and no one else, but you in my heart." She whispered and walked closer to him. He watched her take his hand and put it against her soft cheek. "I am withering away here... without any idea of what is going on... on what your plans are... I need to be apart of this, Superbia. Especially now..." she kissed his cold palm and looked into his blue hues. 


He remained silent for a while. Pondering her words before he could come up with an answer. She got it wrong. He trusted her. He just had to handle some of his siblings who were an urgent matter and he couldn't let them know of Elpis. She wasn't a liability, he could get rid of her should the occasion arise but he didn't want to go to this extreme. Not after all the trouble, he went through to set her free, not after a taste of how it could be was given to him by Asma. Elpis made his old self feel like he mattered and for this alone, Pride wouldn't sacrifice Elpis. She risked everything, including her own life to be with him.  And even today, she wanted to be part of his revenge. He laid a hand on her waist and squeezed her cheek. 

"My siblings are after me again. They are organized and reckless.... you... I do not want them to know you are alive and with me. They can't feel you as long as you stay here." 

It was the truth and she went along with it. She understood he didn't want to have too many things to worry about, not when he had to
Fight powerful foes such as sins. Elpis might have been powerful, any of the sins could end her life if they so wished. And any of them would use her against Pride, which he refused to let happen. Her golden orbs averted from
His face to his chest and she sighed softly. 

"I see......"

"I do not want to deny you your revenge. Your pantheon is on my list and you will come with me. It is your right to make them pay for what they did to you."

"To us." She corrected, her fingers tangling with his suit vest. 

"To us." He replied, a soft smirk on his lips. "I have plenty of plans in mind... I was just too busy to share with you." He grinned as she slightly tilted her head.

"Are you going to share with me?" She inquired, knowing full well that listening to his velvet words would make her swoon and send shivers down her spine. He noticed the brief flash of light that crossed her eyes and chuckled softly.


"For my eager little goddess? I will. I can and I want to share with you."

"Spare me no detail." She hissed as he sunk his fingers into the supple flesh of her waist. 

"I don't intend to."


(TBC)

No comments:

Post a Comment