Sunday, July 28, 2019

Daenerys x Bäahal: Talk to me


Daenerys x Bäahal: Talk to me


Daenerys fingers were busy brushing Bäahal's hair. For once she was the one helping and not the one being served. Bäahal's hair was easy on the brush, so it always was a pleasure to unknot them. The march to King's Landing was giving them less and less time to bond and with Bäahal withdrawing herself more and more it became a necessity for the two of them to rekindle their relationship. Daenerys knew her sister was loyal, devoted even but she didn't want her to erase her own needs for her sake. She needed to look after her, or at least try to. The silver Queen wasn't very used to it, to have to look after someone. She had always been looked after, by her brother, by her husband, by her followers. Now, she had a sister and one who needed attention and affection. In the midst of fire and in between two wars, it relieved the queen to have someone else to focus on than herself.


They got along better, over the months spent together. Her children accepted the princess and it brought them together. Two dragon riders, someone who could understand Daenerys and what she went through, the physical and psychological abuse she was a victim of, the desire to take her destiny into her own hands, the strong sense of revenge that drove her, Bäahal could understand and she did. Daenerys didn't have to justify her thirst for the throne, Bäahal felt it in her bones. She didn't have to justify her harsh decisions, Bäahal took some of her own and she certainly didn't have to justify the blood on her hands because her sister had some too. She was thankful Bäahal convinced her to trust Jon because ever since she did, she discovered love again. She discovered an honest and good man, who was loyal, morally-driven and a natural leader. She discovered her heart wasn't as dry as she thought it was and love could still flood into it. She was thankful Bäahal confided in her about her past, her bond to Viserion and allowed them to mourn together the loss of her son. She was worried, however, about Bäahal's clear withdrawal ever since Lord Jaime left Winterfell.


It was delicate to talk about these things, especially since Love meddled with war. Bäahal already assured her that nothing would come in her way to the throne and Daenerys understood that her sister would shove whatever feeling she had deep down her heart and not even look at it twice. It didn't sit well with her, it didn't sit well with the queen to see her sister plaster a mask of indifference on her face while deep down she was breaking down. But it was war and like Lord Tyrion said War was not kind. War wrecked everything, especially feelings. War could destroy a soul. As she caught sadness in the eyes of her sister, she wrapped her arms around her shoulders and pulled her into a tight hug.


« Please, Bäahal, rest assured that I don't want to hurt you. I never want to. »
« I know, Dany. I know. » She said, leaning against her shoulder while her hand touched the crossed hands above her heart. « This is soon over. You will soon sit on the throne. Let's think of this, of the aftermath of the war. »


« I can't help but feel guilty. Me sitting on the throne is not the end of everything. It's supposed to be a beginning. »


« I know...It will be. » She smiled at her and looked at the reflection. « I am not afraid of tomorrow and while I'm confident I would survive this war, I still have to tell you that I am grateful we met and you let me in your life. I.....learned how to accept our name. I learned to accept my past and my origins. I realized I wanted to live and I will live. » She smiled softly and looked at the mirror. « I love you. Dany. I love you very much and your happiness makes mine. Your success is mine and tomorrow we will be victorious. »


« Bäahal...... I. I love you too. » Daenerys hugged her tighter and closed her eyes. « And because I love you, I have to make sure you're happy too. Please, don't sacrifice your happiness for mine. Do not forget your own needs because you want me to be happy... »


« Are you saying this because... »


« When the war is over, we will have to talk. We will have to sit and talk as honestly as possible. You're hiding from me and I can tell. I do not know what hurts you this much, but please..talk to me when the war is over. »


« I will... »


Would she?



No comments:

Post a Comment