Saturday, February 8, 2020

Doya : Until the end of the line.


Doya : Until the end of the line.


A/N : It's been a little while. Let's move a little bit of the story to the beginning of the new case we wanted them to work on.


Xxxxx


Oya couldn't sleep that night. They had just arrived at phoenix and the ebony hunter wasn't able to close her eyes and rest. A couple days ago, the man she considered her brother was severely attacked and in a coma. She still remembered the call she received from Sarah Thomas, asking for her help. The sobs, the screams, the anger filtered in the voice of the woman she considered a sister still echoed in her mind and a terrible feeling was holding onto her guts. Joshua could die at any moment, hell, he could be dead by now and the thought was unbearable. She couldn't sleep because it felt as if she'd lost her family once again. Her eyes, now swollen from the tears she cried, were burning. As she shifted on the bed, Dean kindly sat on the bed. He couldn't sleep as well, not in a moment like this, not when she needed him the most.


« Oya... »


« I can't sleep, Dean. I just can't. We've been driving for days, but here I am crying still. » She said, sitting on the bed as well.


« Do you think he's dead ? » he bluntly asked. It wasn't that he wanted to be mean, but Dean wanted her to express herself, at least, enough to let go of what was tormenting her. It was off-putting, she couldn't say otherwise, but at least, it was something she could hold onto. The question made her shiver and she nodded quietly.


« He is...Sarah spoke of revenge, she spoke like someone who lost someone already. They were my family, the one who welcomed me for a brief moment in their lives so I could train and become a better hunter. Their dad was my dad's best friend. We were family... so, when Sarah called and cried over the phone, I felt her fear... her pain. He's dead. » She said, sobbing again.


«Oya... » He put his hand on her shoulder and pulled her against his taller and stronger frame. Her face rubbed against his hard chiseled chest and she closed her burning eyes, unable to stop crying. Her arms slowly wrapped around his chest and she leaned harder against him. « I'm sorry. »


She nodded. Of course, he did. Dean literally lost his brother to Lucifer, not once, but at least three times already. He had to witness his brother turn into a cold-hearted maniac. He had to chase after him, try and find ways to set his soul free from Hell. He had to endure the pain of losing his only friend, his little brother, despite his promise to always watch after him. He could understand the way the petite hunter felt at that moment. He let his hand run up her neck and then her hair.


« We'd find what attacked him and we'll destroy it. » He sounded determined. She could feel his support in his words and it made the hunter feel relieved. She wasn't alone in this mess and while they weren't sure Joshua was actually dead, thinking he was helped her. « Listen, O, what if Joshua's not dead? »


« I'd rather think he's dead, D. At least I am prepared for the worst news. If I have one sliver of hope about him being alive, and he turns up dead, I won't stand back up. I won't be able to. So please, let me believe he's dead. Let the rage and anger fuel me rather than Hope. » She pleaded, her eyes now looking at him.


« Okay... Let's do it your way. Just know that I'm here. I won't leave your side. » He said, planting a kiss on her forehead, and then on her nose. She smiled faintly at him and cupped his cheek.


« You never left my side, D. You've always been here with me. » She set her puffy red eyes unto his emerald ones and gave him a faint smile. He stroked her scalp and leaned his forehead against hers.


« I won't leave. » He repeated again before he pressed his lips to hers. The petite hunter wrapped her arms around his neck and helped herself so she could straddle him.


« If I lose josh.. hell if I even lose Sarah,... I don't know what I will do. I guess I guess... I need you to understand that you are my family too. I tied my life to yours. I laced our destinies together, I accept you... as a whole. I accept your stubbornness... I accept how short-lived our lives are, as long as I get to live them with you. So... Dean...Dean, please... don't ever leave me. »


She was extremely vulnerable at this moment, doubt crept into her mind and the uncertainty of tomorrow was crushing her soul. She knew they were living on borrowed time but still wanted to make it the best life they could have. Dean smirked at her, with that very famous attractive smirk of his and gently stroked her cheek. Her words were everything. She didn't need to say more but she already said everything. Dean knew she cared for him, more than just through the ugly aprons she brought him home. He knew already, that she had entwined their fates and made room for herself into his heart and soul. She was there and because she was there, he had to care for her. He let his hand run into her hair and then kissed her lips again, with more passion and intent. She was exhausted, so he knew it wouldn't go further than kisses and cuddles but she needed those signs of affection and he was willing to give them to her.


« You're my family too, Oya. Do you understand? » She felt his hand cup her cheek and stroke it with his thumb and it made her lean into his touch.


« I do... » She repeated and pressed her lips to his once more. « Now and Always... you hear me? » He chuckled and nodded while she pressed another kiss and leaned against his chest. « Thank you, Dickhead... » Her voice was sleepy, but he knew she wouldn't sleep for a while. So he remained calm and didn't move.


« You're welcome Bitch... » He said with affection It was their little nicknames, something that helped them tease each other and show each other that things were alright... things were alright.


And things would be....with time.


-TBC-

No comments:

Post a Comment