Thursday, February 27, 2020

MOET: THE EGG


THE EGG :

I was an egg once, in pristine condition, untainted by the world around me.

As I was growing, my heart was filled with Hope, Love, and Trust.
I believed people would take care of me, as I hatched into this new world.
I believed in their kindness and their willingness to protect the weak and vulnerable souls.

But I was wrong.

I was an egg once, and as my egg hatched, I soared into this world feeling beautiful.
Here I was, new, shiny, with a beautiful set of heavy feathered wings.
Here I was, eager to grow in power, self-confidence, and love.

I used to love me. so much so that I felt I could survive anything, But I was mistaken. There was no wonderland in the world I was born into.  It was a nightmare
They tore me into pieces, destroyed my very soul, ruined the love I had for myself.

I was an egg once, in pristine condition, but I was tainted by the world around me.

I lost all Hope I had on mankind, I lost the dreams I had about this new world.
I lost the love I had for myself and replaced it with self-hatred, doubt, venom.
I wasn't enough, I would never be enough. I could never fit in, would never be wanted.

They made me drift away and lose myself in the never-ending questioning.
They made me cry and made me curse at them for doing so.
They made me wish, I was never born into this cruel world, with such a bright soul.

I was an egg once, in pristine condition but none of this makes sense to me anymore.

It was what it was, I was born a certain way,
but the ways of this world had changed me forever.


That's what it does. It changes you.
That's what it did, it changed me.


No comments:

Post a Comment