Sunday, July 25, 2021

GoT (regular): Stuck

GoT : (regular) Stuck

 

A/N: I love them so much. A little update since Bäahal and Jon had an important conversation.

 

Xxxxxx

 

Tyrion noticed the princess who was walking in the inner garden of the Red Keep. There was something different about her, and given his position as the hand of the queen, the Lannister knew that it had something to do with Commander Targaryen who talked to her. Bäahal and Jon were close, from the moment they met Tyrion had known they shared something special. A bond that lasted time. She trusted him from the start. She saw the truth in his eyes and her support influenced the queen into accepting Jon’s presence around her and giving him a hand at fighting the white walkers.  Jon respected the princess. He cared deeply for her and wanted to protect her innocence, rare in such a jaded world. Tyrion remembered just how anxious both Daenerys and Jon were when news about the siege reached out to the Red Keep. If Dany was hard to reason with and keep at Kings Landing, Jon kept a cold head but remained agitated. They lived through the reports of Varys and Tyrion, with Daenerys more and more relieved to hear that her sister was alive and well and Jon already focused on finding those responsible for this mess.

 

Jon had always been practical. He knew that the queen couldn’t simply ride her dragon to the siege and kill everyone there, no matter how much she wanted it. They both knew that Daenerys wouldn’t be accepted right away by everyone and there would have some resistance. They knew that any person close to the queen would become a liability and their lives would be in constant danger. He told Bäahal when she decided to become the ambassador of Daenerys and left for a diplomatic journey across the seven kingdoms, He knew that at some point, someone would try to kill her. She ventured alone, with just two guards, in some pretty hostile places and while he couldn’t deny her accomplishments and the gracious welcome she received, he also couldn’t expect everyone to think alike. It concerned Jon, that there had been a betrayal among the guards they gave Bäahal. So he went to talk to Tyrion and the rest of the war council about screening the guards and fish out the potential or alleged traitors.

 

Bäahal seemed upset, yet better. The Lannister couldn’t quite understand what could put her in such a mood but it was a welcomed change from her overwhelming sadness. She seemed relieved, something he had not seen ever since she returned home. As he walked closer to her, his own curiosity picking up as theories ran through his brain, Tyrion was stunned by her beauty. She really stood out in the garden, being the most exotic flower of them all. Her dress was extremely simple, a black one that exposed her arms, and a gorgeous cleavage. Her hair was freely cascading onto her back with a few braids knotted together in a high ponytail so her face would not be bothered with rebellious locks. Her silver hair against her ebony skin was quite something. Nobody alive could be able to resist her, Tyrion thought to himself. Nobody stood a chance against her beautiful features, especially when she was smiling, which shed id upon noticing Tyrion walking towards her. He nodded at her and stopped a few steps away from her frame.

 

« Good morning, princess. »

 

« Good morning, Tyrion. I wasn’t expecting to see you here, especially not this early. » She said, her hands  holding each other in front of her.

 

« I was looking for you actually. We didn’t have many opportunities to have a conversation. Mind if I join you ? » -She shook her head and turned around so she could resume walking. Tyrion followed her and gave the princess a smile. « You seem to be doing better. »

 

« I actually had a conversation with Jon the other night. We discussed a few things, mostly the siege and the suspicion I have towards the House of Redwyne. We discussed strategy and he told me I wouldn’t be able to leave the castle until they caught whoever did it. »

 

« Which isn’t really good news for you, I presume ? » -He noticed the princess winced and swallowed a groan. He knew she wasn’t very happy with the decision to stay behind, since she didn’t want to be far away from Jaime. « This means you wouldn’t be able to stay with Jaime as you wanted. » -he simply stated. She winced again.-

 

« I have to obey my commander’s orders. It wasn’t pleasant to hear though because I don’t want to be far away from Jaime. » She sighed and tucked some hair behind her ear. « But this has to be done this way. Jon’s right, the enemies not knowing I survived is a massive advantage that can’t be ruined because of pesky feelings. » She said with a tight smile. « I just fear that if we are separated, we wouldn’t be able to see each other again. Things are really scary for me. Dany doesn’t approve of this relationship, yet, I hope. Jon …. »

 

« What about Jon?  The queen needs time. She needs to see that this love is genuine and truly making you happy. She needs to see that she can trust him with her heart. It’ll take time. There would be bumps along the way, but I’m here and I’ll advocate for you as much as I can. »

 

« You don’t have to, although I am eternally grateful for your understanding and support. /I/ have to convince her and /I/  have to protect your family too. I’ll do my best. » -She tweaked the dress with her fingers in an attempt to hide her stress. It was cute to see, so different from the cold and rough exterior she had a few years ago. Bäahal warmed up to the people around her and even started to consider a life for herself. A life where she could be happy and be with the man she loved.-

 

« I know you will. So… Jon. What about him? Did you tell him ? » -She nodded faintly before she turned her head to face Tyrion and chewed at her bottom lip.- « What did he say? »

 

« It was… a bit of a shock for him. He had not anticipated that I could ever fall in love with the enemy. It really was strange for him, to say the very least, but he was respectful of what I was telling him. he had experienced in the matter since he fell in love with Ygritte. So he couldn’t understand how this happened. » She chewed at her bottom lip. « I was so embarrassed to confess, but he told me that it was obvious to him from the way I was talking. And blushing. And... » She paused and chuckled. « I have lost my edge. I used to be able to fake my émotions, hide the pain deep inside and pretend I was happy. I softened with you. It’s just so funny. I can’t fake anything anymore unless it’s a life-and-death situation. » She smiled and looked at the massive flower wall to her right.

 

« I think you’re just more and more in touch with yourself. It’s… good. However, I am pleased to hear that Jon actually respected your truth. I am surprised even. »

 

« Jaime hurt Jon. Your family hurt the Starks so much that it’s very difficult to imagine that things would go smoothly between the two families. It’s difficult to see your sister fall in love with the man who pushed your little brother off of a tower. I put him in a very difficult position, I’m aware of that. » She sighed and started to smell some flowers. « But he respected me regardless. He understood that I was deeply in love with Jaime and the whole situation was making me suffer. He wants me happy. He wants me protected and safe and he wants me… » She choked on her words and cleared her throat. « He cares for me, deeply so. He cares enough to consider talking to Jaime about their plan and take into consideration his experience on the battlefield and the politics of Westeros. I feel…lighter. Yes, lighter since I confessed to Jon. »

 

Tyrion was happy she felt relieved and found support in Jon. He was glad that she didn’t feel the need to hide her true émotions to everyone and wasn’t deterred from talking openly about her relationship with his brother after Daenerys’ initial rejection. Bäahal really seemed to be happier and was processing nicely the news of her forced lockdown at the Red Keep. Yes, she was exhausted and he supposed that it was mostly nervous fatigue that had started from the moment she was betrayed by her guards. In the long months that followed her recovery, Tyrion wasn’t sure that her mind was properly addressed and she took the opportunity to express herself. He wasn’t sure she took the time to think about the chain of events, reconsider everything with a little better hindsight. Perhaps everything was catching up to her by now and perhaps he could do something about it. At least, he would be talking to the princess and would try to see how best he could help her. Wasn’t it the reason that had him find her in the first place?

 

« I am glad you think so. I understand that you might have your concerns regarding Jaime and the fact you two would be apart for some time. I just want you to trust Jon and his judgment. He always knew how to lead his men and what to do to save the whole world. I am sure he would protect my brother to the best of his abilities, especially since he is now aware of your feelings for him. » -He said, offering his hand so she could hold it. Bäahal smiled at Tyrion and held his hand.-

 

« I hope so. It’s all I can do for now and pray the gods, old and new sot hey could spare my beloved. I now have a newfound strength and a different point of view about the whole situation. I am hopeful that it would have a good outcome and that when the time is right, I’ll talk about the whole situation to my sister, once again. Now, Jaime just has to prove himself to the House of Targaryens and, I hope, he would finally be seen as family. » -It was a wishful thought, but one that made Tyrion smile at the princess. She was still genuine, still naive in her consideration for the world despite it proving times and times again that you couldn’t trust anything and anyone on the planet. Yet, Bäahal still believed in something better. In a future for herself. In happiness and that motivated Tyrion to keep fighting for her. She deserved it. His brother too.

 

« I can only hope so too. »

 

It was all he could say.

 

It was all he could pray for.

 

-TBC-

No comments:

Post a Comment