Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Doya : On the road to Pluto: Meeting Rowena

 On the road to Pluto: Meeting Rowena :

 Things are slowly moving. As promised, after the end of their mission, Dean contacted Rowena and is looking for a proper "alliance". Oya doesn't feel good about having the witch with them at the bunker. Despite her hesitancy, she accepted the plan nonetheless. Things are a little tense.  I have missed my babies. 

Xxxxx

 

It was better to work with the asshole you knew than the asshole you didn’t know. Dean had a point yet Oya was still having trouble with it. She was wary of the inclusion of Rowena the Witch because she couldn’t trust her. Dean didn’t trust Rowena but at the same time, she was their best chance at fighting Pluto. She was extremely knowledgeable and her long-time issue with her son, Crowley, could be used to keep each other at bay. If anything, they would want her help because she was their best chance at staying alive at this point. Oya was very aware of that fact, but she was still nauseous about the whole plan. Rowena was a difficult woman, at times and her help always came with a price to pay. What would she request in exchange for her help? what would Dean and Team Free Will have to do to ensure her loyalty? Could someone like Rowena be loyal and if yes, to what if not herself? Oya felt herself sigh in frustration as she crossed her arms above her chest and leaned against the massive table of the War room.

 

Dean walked towards her and rested his hand on her shoulder. Oya was visibly upset and he couldn’t blame her for being this way. Why would he, when she was right to be upset? The last time they helped Rowena, she double-crossed them and allied with her son to gain an old artifact he found for her. He still held grudges against the redhead but knew that this time, since mother and son were at odds, and there was a bigger benefit to save the world from a pagan god, Rowena would be less inclined to betray them. He would prepare for that eventuality and has already been looking for leverage with the help of Castiel and The New Grim Reaper Billie. Getting her to collaborate with them had not been an easy road, given that Billie vowed to never intervene in the mortal plane but she made an exception for this matter. It was, after all, a matter of survival. Dean gently stroked Oya’s back and looked at her as she lifted her head to look up at him.

 

« It’s almost time. »

 

« I know… still doesn’t mean I like it. » -She whispered while her left arm wrapped around his waist and she leaned her head against his shoulder. Rowena used that opportunity to walk into the room, unannounced-

 

« Finally! Here you are, dearies. I’ve been lookin’ at ya! »

 

Her exuberance and false positive-tone irked Oya who felt goosebumps cover her skin. She nodded at Rowena, greeting her silently while the redhead put her bag on the large table. She pulled a chair and sat on it. Her bright blue eyes studied the ebony hunter with attention. Oya’s anger was always the easiest emotion to spot on her face, for Oya allowed anger to be seen. She allowed others to see when she was disgusted disappointed or angry. Those were easy feelings and usually helped cover the rest of her émotions with a nice thick blanket of anger. It made her harder to read which benefited the hunter. With Rowena, anger always easily came to her face. It wasn’t just the fact she hated witches. Her anger also stemmed from the last betrayal pulled by the redhead and the fact she was related to Crowley. Rowena noticed that Oya couldn’t handle Hell. The very idea of it scared the ebony hunter. The very thought of whatever pain and tortures Dean and Sam endured in Hell was enough to make her feel angry and helpless. It happened eons ago, at a time when Oya wasn’t even in the united states and yet, she still felt heartbroken on behalf of her other half.

 

Rowena noticed the bond between the two hunters. She realized that Dean was very close to Oya, even closer than he let on, and considered the utility of such information in the future. Dean clenched his jaw and walked closer to the witch who followed him with her blue orbs. He threw a few files on the desk in front of her and patted the heavy wooden table where Rowena was sitting at. She looked at him and grinned slowly. Oya observed her and noticed the glee in her eyes as she was studying the couple from her seat. It became obvious to the ebony hunter that Rowena was trying to find a way to have some leverage on Dean so down the road she would be able to impose her will on them. She walked closer to Dean, never going further just so she could keep a safe distance between the witch and herself.

 

« Well, let’s not waste any more time, shall we? I understand why you’d need my help. I have started to gather the knowledge on Pluto that I can dispose of. » 

 

« This pagan god is far more powerful than the other pagan gods we had to fight. We realized that he was seeking human worship for his source of power. »

 

« Well, some of it yes. A pagan god is by nature far more powerful than any other monster you’ve faced. It’s still less powerful than any biblical creature.  It is,  after all,  a world of good old God. » She sneered. « But he definitely found a way to overcome his limitations. » -She then glanced at Oya- « I heard you were the one who faced him first? »

 

« Yes. I am. » -Oya sighed and moistened her bottom lip- « At the time I wasn’t aware of his true nature because he disguised himself as a vampire. I learned the truth the hard way. » -She averted her hazel gaze from Rowena to  the table- « How much magic do you know, Rowena. »

 

« Well… I have vast knowledge, dearie. I definitely could find inspiration in many other types of magic. I’m not limited. » -She curbed a brow- «Are you a witch? »

 

« I’m nothing like you ! » -Oya screamed and started to shake, having visible trouble to keep her composure- « I’m… I’m known as well and to some extent know how to use a few spells but that hardly qualifies as being a witch. » -She snarled and uncrossed her arms- « I have been looking into African magic, especially the books from my family and came across a very interesting spell. I was… considering… » -She couldn’t bring herself to say the words. Rowena's eyes grew wide as she noticed the clear struggle on the face of the young woman. Oh, Oya really hated witches, didn’t she? she really couldn’t stand being in the same room as Rowena. Her smile grew wider-

 

« Do I sense fear in you, sweetie ? » -Oya shook her head- « Or maybe is it difficult because you despise me so much. I can understand. I double-crossed you the last time we had a business together. » -She chuckled and shook her shoulders- « But could you blame me for wanting to stay alive? Crowley could have killed me, so I sought the best protection I could find. »

 

« That didn’t give you the right to lie to us! you gave us your word ! you gave /me/ your word and if a witch can’t keep her own word, what is her word worth? how could she earn our trust back? »

 

« With A leap of faith, maybe. »

 

« Enough! » -Dean cut them short, sensing that it would be spiraling out of control.- « We all have the same goal here, Rowena. We want to get rid of a very powerful pagan god. »

 

« I told you what I want. It’s a take it or leaves it situation. » She curbed her brow, which sent a shiver on both Dean and Oya's spines. Silence settled for a while, and Oya rolled her head and massaged the back of her neck. « Well… I understand that what I’m asking from you might be too difficult to deliver. Plus, you’ve said that this god’s goal is to enslave the whole world, right? I wouldn’t want to risk my freedom. » She then eyed the book of spells from Oya. « I understand it’s a family treasure, so I won’t ask for it. What I’d ask, however, would be the right to read and study this book. You’re right. I haven’t dabbled in African magic, nor do I know the spirits you work with very well. There is always a time to learn. » -She said with a sheepish smile.

 

Oya's eyes grew wider in size and she dropped her head down. She didn’t really like the request, thinking that Rowena would use it against them somehow. They were running out of time anyway, and she couldn’t take the risk to lose the help of the most powerful witch of the whole European side of the planet.- « Deal…. » Her voice was faint, almost a whisper but she held eye contact with the witch who stood up and spread her arms wide.

 

« Wonderful, dearie! I will start taking a look at the spells that could help us sever the connection between the god and the mortal plane. You would need it for him to become less powerful than he intends to become. In exchange, you will protect me until the threat is dealt with, and I would have access to your book. Seems more reasonable than asking for you to kill my son for me. » -She grinned widely and dropped her arms to look at Dean’s face.

 

« Fine. We can set up a room for you. The bunker is ours, so you’ll act like a guest and follow the house rules. » Rowena nodded and smirked, happy with the deal she had just made. « I can’t guarantee that Oya won’t try to bash your head in, however. She’s pretty upset. »

 

« I can see it just fine. I don’t blame her allergic reaction on me.  I have that effect on a lot of people. »

 

« You know I can hear you just fine, guys, do you ? » -Oya yanked her head back, still upset about the whole ordeal. « Dean is right however, I’ll keep an eye on you. One wrong move, Rowena, one Betrayal and you won’t have a face anymore. » -She then walked towards the door- « Pluto is not a joke. I tasted his power first hand and let me tell you that the glimpse I got was terrifying. He’s not like the other pagan gods you’ve faced before, not like any of those Dean fought. He’s different. He’s powerful and given the current state of the world, I’d say he’d find a way to become even more powerful. So… as much as it hurts me to say, we’re counting on you, Rowena. We do need your help to save the world. So do the sensible thing, save this planet your dumbass lives on. » -She said as she stormed out of the room-

 

Rowena shrugged her shoulders and chuckled nervously. She could totally see the danger in the hard gaze that Oya gave her. She knew the huntress would definitely do as she said and end the Witch’s life if she saw fit. She was determined and had a lot of spunk, yet something unequivocably sweet came from her. A kindness and true love for humans. It made her soft smile as she knew that Oya, despite her rough edges would make sure that she didn’t lose her life needlessly.  She turned to Dean and offered him a soft grin. Dean lifted a brow and shrugged.

 

« A feisty little one, isn’t she? I’m starting to see why you care so much for her. »

 

« Well, one thing that is certain with Oya is that she means her words. Don’t drop the ball Rowena, I really want to trust you on this. » -He then walked towards the door. Rowena didn’t even need to have confirmation that he cared for Oya. Dean’s defensive and elusive answer was enough to provide her the answer she was seeking. Perhaps, in the young woman laid the answers to all their questions. Perhaps.

-TBC-

No comments:

Post a Comment