Wednesday, August 11, 2021

GoT (Kyra x Baahal) : Gold and Silver letter 3

 A/N: I loved the letter so much. here is Bäahal's response to it


xxxxx


My dearest Kyra,

 

Words cannot do justice to how I feel. I am eternally grateful to hear from you and see that you’re somehow doing decently.  I understand how burdensome your duties are and that they are taking most of your time and attention. Don’t fret, I am not holding this against you. On the contrary, I’m humbled you managed to take some time to write back to me.  I believe the gods did listen to you because I have been recovering pretty well since I left your shores. I have gained some of the weight I had lost and it had been good to me. Your prayers are warming my heart and I return your affection tenfolds.

 


It is true that I sometimes feel very isolated, mostly because I couldn’t confide in her the way I wished I could. I wasn’t expecting her to be pleased with the news, just as we discussed. However, I hoped she would at least let me talk to her and defend my case. I learned the hard way that she wouldn’t let me, not now… not yet.  I feel your absence within the walls of the Red Keep but I pray the seven that at least you are doing okay and we will be reunited at some point.  I appreciate and am grateful to read such wonderful words of support from you. They mean the world to me and I would cherish them. You are very wise and you speak the truth. Jaime himself warned me about the hatred the people had towards him. He said it made him an easy target and therefore I would become one. I can see why nobody is thrilled about this outcome.

 

I have new developments regarding this situation. I have to remain hidden. So far our enemies are not aware of my survival and according to Jon, it’s a tactical advantage. To make it successful, I cannot be seen outside of the walls of the Red Keep and protect myself so only a handful of trustworthy people would be aware of my presence in the castle. Jon was disheartened to hear that I’ve been betrayed by the guards my sister entrusted my life with. He said he would conduct a very thorough investigation to see if we have more traitors in the castle. I can write to you using your brother Tyrion’s canal of communication. Since it’s secured, there is little to no chance that our enemies would intercept the letters.

 

We’ve made good progress, walking me through the last days before the siege, and Jaime and I have singled out one prominent family. I cannot dare write their name but they have been affiliated with both our houses. Given how important this house is, we cannot simply accuse them of conspiracy, hence why Jon and Jaime would investigate and I would remain in the castle.. how pitiful, I wanted to help uncover their identities and assist in the scene where their red faces would betray them. I guess I would have to rely on the faithful account of Jon and Jaime. I will keep you posted. Here I am, blushing like a teenage girl upon reading that I am in love with your brother. This is true. I love him with all my heart and to be very honest with you, this makes me absolutely happy to know that I am capable of feeling love and being loved too. I cherish those émotions and I also cherish the fact I have family and friends.

 

I am very embarrassed. Upon reading you, it felt as if I was whining about my situation and feeling pity on myself. I do not take lightly the fact you have such a weight on your shoulders. I don’t deny the dangerous position you all are in. Lord Tyrion is risking his neck to protect you and Jaime and I know the very same could be said for either Jaime and you. You are a tight-knit family, with genuine love and care and I couldn’t act as if my plight was the most important thing in the world. Yes, any wrong move from my side and I might doom you all. That’s why I chose not to push for a conversation with my sister. As a matter of fact, I cannot stay in the same room as her without crying due to the stress and anguish this whole situation makes me feel. I want to protect you, I need to make sure that my best friend in the whole world is alive and well and the only man I’ve ever loved stays alive. So, I won’t push. I will follow your advice and wait for her to come around.


You are absolutely right, however. You must protect your family at all costs and we’ve discussed this already with Jaime. We would follow whatever order Daenerys would give us. If she refuses him, then I will let him go. I will let him go and make sure that she wouldn’t direct her anger at you. If anything, I was the one who fell in love with him and the one who somehow, made him speak his truth to me too. It’s my responsibility to ensure that my decisions don’t impact you. Yet, as I write those words, it would be a lie to say that my heart isn’t breaking upon reading them. I would accept her decision, even if it breaks my heart because true love is also being able to sacrifice one’s comfort and dreams to ensure that the recipient of such love is alive, safe, and sound. Enough about me, let me focus on you for a bit.

 

I do not like what I read. I do not like the idea of you being forced into a loveless marriage in order to ensure your safety and the stability of your ruling. Yes, you might not be a tyrant like your father and sister used to be. Yes, you might not be a man like Tyrion is, that doesn’t make you less important or less suitable for the position. Kyra, you are one of the most intelligent, cunning, graceful, and beautiful women I’ve had the pleasure to know. You are someone who was born to rule and carry the fate of many on your shoulders. I cannot even begin to understand the level of stress you might be under. I understand that the situation is very fragile and you must be on your guard every single day and I hate to imagine you go through such pain all because some men refused to be ruled by a woman. How….weak-minded they are. Their egos prevent them from seeing your greatness and this bothers me a great deal. I know it isn’t the West but Lord Bronn proved to be a great ally to your brother. Jaime hid within the walls of his castle and was well fed, clothed, and bathed. I assume that since it was genuine perhaps Lord Bronn could help you out? besides, you’re absolutely his type so I can’t see him reject your request.

 

I cannot wait until I can leave this place, so I could come to visit you and we could actually relax our minds and enjoy our lives a little bit. I would have fled to your Castle and fried one or two arseholes if that was what you needed. Since it’s not diplomatic, I guess we’d try another way. My heart is with you, always. I cannot wait until I can leave this place (yes, I wrote it twice !) so I could visit you. There is much we have to tell each other and we could use some comfort. Until I can do this, please, accept my tender thoughts and prayers for your well-being. Let me know if you’ve ever considered marrying someone and who that person might be.


Please, rest assured of my eternal friendship.

Bäahal Targaryen
Princess of the Seven Kingdoms 

No comments:

Post a Comment