Tuesday, February 8, 2022

TVD- The powerful prey

 TVD- The powerful prey


Whould I leave Mystic Falls if I had no other choice? I wonder. I worry. I dread. I made this place my home despite knowing I shouldn't have done that. It's always hard to leave a place you call home. It's always hard to leave somewhere where you belong. yet, I know the drill, it should be easy shouldn't it? I am conflicted. Part of me wants to stay because I love the place. I love it really. I made a life out there, I help people and by Hecate, they do need help. I am at peace here and /he/ is there too. Perhaps he's the reason I don't want to leave. Well.. most certainly he is. I found him at Mystic Falls and our encounter changed everything for me. I used to be alone and now I am not. Now I am not alone. Now I have someone who went through all the things I have experienced. He understands me and we have a bond. Why on Earth would I want to leave it all behind? Why would I want to stay away from Klaus? 


Witches... The witches who are hunting me. Witch hunters as well or werewolves who noticed me. I have been lucky with those last. I only had a pack after me, a pack I decimated for trying to kill me centuries ago. I had a run with humans but ever since we entered the modern era of Mankind, I can blend in better. I can be left alone. Witches however... They are relentless. I hate taking lives. I hate enjoying taking lives when I kill those who are trying to kill me. It's not something I like. Those hands are meant to heal, not kill yet I had to take lives in order to survive. I had to soak my ledger with red and I can't watch that much blood on my ledger. I wish I could, but witches are stubborn. They are vengeful and they have been looking for me. 


I dread. I worry. I fear to encounter more powerful witches. Perhaps the ones they would send their most powerful ones. Perhaps they would undergo a forbidden ritual to take me down.. to take him down. I know Klaus had been hunted down from the moment of his birth to these days. I know he's used to having people trying to kill him but I don't want to take the risk to hurt him. I don't want to bring him more troubles and I refuse to be the one to have him killed because I was too stubborn to leave him. I mean, who would want to leave such a kisseable face? who would want to leave such a cute eyeroll and a mischievous grin? I feel selfish. I am selfish. I self-preserved ever since I became immortal. I could have killed myself several times or let others kill me but I didn't. I kept going on. I kept fighting. I kept on living. 


I want to live. I'm tired of hiding and tired of being afraid. I want to live and I don't want to compromise myself anymore. I don't want to live in regrets. I don't want to hide in the darkness. I want to live yet I am afraid... I am afraid of losing my life in this town. I am afraid of being forced away from Klaus and the potential friends I could have there. I am afraid of  having to fight a powerful witch and I guess I can say it, I am afraid to die. I don't want to die, not when I have finally starting to live. 

No comments:

Post a Comment