Saturday, March 2, 2019

GoT: Who am I ? (Missandei x Bäahal)

GoT: Who am I ? (Missandei x Bäahal)

A/N: I have missed my little princess and since this conversation didn't want to leave my mind, here you are. 
xxxx


« What if I survived this war? » The silver princess' voice echoed through her room. Missandei was brushing her silver locks, focused on her task when her best friend let out alarming words.


« You don't plan on surviving? » Her lips were dry, her throat hurt but the question had to be asked. Bäahal shook her head and looked at her reflection on the mirror.


« I do. However... I do not know how to handle what will come next. All my life, I have focused my mind on setting myself free but never went further than this. I was convinced that freedom was nothing but a dream to keep my mind from being swallowed all by doubt and fear. I thought I would never see the day...until it happened. »


« Daenerys came to our rescue and you found me. » Missandei finished her sentence and brushed her hair. « It was luck... »


« It was /Fate/! We had to meet 'Dei. We had to meet again and sail away from Mereen. » She smiled at her own words, briefly so before a more worried expression crossed her face. « It took some time but I finally realize what had just happened. I was given freedom, I took it from my master, but Daenerys helped me un-shackle my mind. You did too... » She said, leaning her head back against Missandei's chest.


The former slave put the brush on the table and gently wrapped her arms around the princess' shoulders. She understood how it felt, to finally be able to be your own person and given the luxury of choice and not being able to know what to do. It came naturally to Missandei, finding her place was easy, she would serve Daenerys all the while living the life she wanted to. Once the war would be over and the queen would be on the throne, Missandei was thinking about having a family with Grey-Worm. They would finally be free to live their romance in the daylight without the fear of losing the other to War. From her point of view, it was exciting actually and she was curious to see what was to come. For Bäahal things were different. She still had to figure out who she was and what she wanted in her life. Freedom tasted bittersweet because while it got her rid of people desires on her and directives, it burdened her with the ability to choose for herself and to decide for her life. How could one do just that? How could they know who they really were? Questions were plaguing the princess' mind who sighed and wrapped her arms over Missandei's.


« And I will always be there for you, pr----Büu.. it's a promise. «  She said, planting a kiss on top of the princess' head. Bäahal's purple hues stared at their reflections and she bit her bottom lip.


«I don't know who I am or what I can do. I am fine with the war because I have found my place. I support my sister, I help her defeat her enemies, I protect her. When she's queen and as she would rule with Jon Snow....what am I going to do? Who am I going to be? »


« What you've always been, Bäahal. What you've always been.. » She said as she planted another kiss on top of her head. « A sister...a friend...a fierce warrior, a survivor...a gentle soul. You have a fire in your heart, just like your ancestors and your siblings. You have a fire that needs to burn brightly if you let it. » She said as she gently pulled away from the princess and knelt near her chair. Her hand stroked her cheek and she smiled at her.


« I will have to leave the castle and find out. I am not meant to be locked in a pretty castle and look pretty while my sister governs. I am not meant to be in her council either... I need to breathe, but can I leave? »


« She will let you go if you ask her. Bäahal, you have your whole life to find out what you're meant to do. Don't hold back because of your fears. » She then cupped both of her cheeks. « And you are so much much than you allow yourself to think. You are my friend. » She said with a warm smile.


Missandei was sweet and soft with Bäahal. She knew her words could reach out to the princess and appease her. Her hazel eyes met purple hues filled with unshed tears and she laid her head against her lap. Bäahal chewed at her bottom lip but remained silent, instead, she let her hands run through her best friend's hair as she contemplated Missandei's words. She would have to ask Daenerys if she could leave her sides and visit the world to eventually know who she was beside her sister or a survivor. Maybe, and that was something she couldn't express out loud- she also wanted to get away from the place that would see Lord Jaime and eventually Lady Kyra dead. She would need to go away, reset her mind and forget about the conflicted emotions she felt for the Golden Lion. It couldn't be what she thought it was. He didn't stay long enough to imprint her mind and not enough to leave an eternal memory. She refused to believe so. Yet, her heart was beating faster when his name was said out loud, and the mere thought of him made her pulse go wild. He would die and maybe, that was the best thing to ever happen.


Maybe...



-TBC-

No comments:

Post a Comment