Tuesday, March 7, 2023

Klasma: I used to think

"I used to think that I was fine by myself. After all, it's been 800 years since I had genuine company. I used to think that I could live the life of a recluse, spending my time learning new spells, refining my magic, and becoming stronger. What does power do?


It does nothing. I have spent decades living on my own, witnessing how History treated the likes of me badly. I watched but didn't intervene, perhaps because Life had to go unperturbed. perhaps because I couldn't change the face of the world no matter how powerful I was and I was no god.. no creator and shouldn't consider myself one.


So... I watched from afar and it cut deeper than an actual wound. I watched as people lived and died, hoped and despaired... I watched as people lived and I didn't. I was surviving, getting crumbs of Elijah's attention when what I needed were attention and love. I survived on barely anything and now I can see it.


I used to think that I was fine by myself, but the truth was different. I wasn't. I am not. I ache and ache and all it took for me to realize that I did was meeting you. Klaus...today I can say that I'm not fine and I'm not okay and I'm definitely not alright by myself." 

No comments:

Post a Comment