Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Elpis and Pride: You and me

Pride, do you want to know a secret? Do you want to know how I was able to hang on over the millennia? It wasn't so much the plots of revenge I had in mind that kept me going. These were easy, anger was easy to give into most of the time but you know how much it takes to remain angry. I just simply couldn't be all the time at the peak of my anger. I needed a few breaks and I needed something more, something different. Love.


I know what you would say. You don't care about love. At least, this version of you doesn't know about it. I understand and it makes me angry because you've been robbed off of how it feels when someone loves you. You've been robbed of how it feels when you become someone else's world and when they become yours. Self-sacrifice, dedication but most importantly fusion. You were part of my world, Pride. You were my everything. I can still remember how I felt when I realized I had feelings for you. My skin was covered in goosebumps, my heart was pounding into my ribcage, my eyes were sparkling with joy and excitement to see you.


I was looking forward to our next meeting. It would feel like the very first time I have met you. I would be intrigued and observant. I know you, your essence but never had to witness you live without my influence. I never saw you fully embrace the darkness because I was, your words not mine, your beacon of light. I brought Light into your darkness as much as you brought Darkness into my light. I kept this darkness within me, it sustained me and kept me sane. Every day I would be plotting about those who betrayed me and I would imagine the various ways I could use to destroy them and it was fun.


Yes, it was! It kept me entertained but it didn't drive me. You did. My Love for you did. I was longing for your touch, your tight embrace of my frame. I was longing for your voice to my ears, of your fingers through my hair. I was longing for you. I couldn't do without your possessive gaze when you didn't want any of my siblings or suitors to take me away. I couldn't do without the gaze that set upon me when we were walking the Earth and you let me marvel at humanity and at the beauty of this world's fauna and flora. You let me guide you and show you beauty where you would not have seen it.



I remembered us, as we used to be and now that I can almost feel my release coming, I am longing for our reunion. We can't recover what we've lost. I came to terms with that. We can't be who we used to be. I know that my Light is still intact, still existing somewhere inside of me but so does my anger. I am angry but I don't want to always be. I need you Pride. I need you more than ever because you are my future. You are my everything. It's going to be only you and me. You and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment