Thursday, August 3, 2017

S.o.A : Don't tell : Jessica x Asma

There was a tacit agreement between Asma and Jessica that none of them would talk about Oscar to anyone else but each other. Jax would be driven crazy if he knew that his wife had a bloody encounter at home. He would be even more worried than he already was and Jessica wanted to avoid unnecessary drama. She wouldn't tell her husband about Oscar, at least, not now. Not when they were a little tense since the job she took for that weasel William. It would have to wait a little bit. Jess made sure that Asma didn't see the carnage that was her kitchen and living room. She called her guys who cleaned up the house in no-time and then, called for Asma to come upstairs and leave the basement. There would be no more looking past her shoulder for the young woman. There would be no reason for her to leave town now that the threat was eliminated. There would be no reasons, right ? Jessica wasn't sure. Asma was difficult to read since the attack. She pretended she was fine and smiled returned to her office and got back to business but something was awfully off about her. She was given a box with Oscar's belongings so she could have some closure and dispose of it as she wished but Jessica didn't hear from that box since she handed it to Asma.


She didn't disappear on Jessica. All the opposite. Worried about the baby, the brunette went to the hospital in order to have a check-up on the baby. The hit she received in the middle of the fight was nothing short but frightening and she told Asma about it so the pink haired tattoo artist could come with her and give her some support. The doctor reassured her, the baby was healthy, nothing happened and it was just a « false alert ». This relieved both of them from a stress and on their way to the car, Jessica ran her hand over her belly. She was halfway through it and yet, the fear of losing her baby only made her realize that fighting Oscar was a very decision she made and she would have been devastated if the outcome of this fight had been different. A nervous laughter escaped from her lips as she dropped the keys and ran her hands through her chocolate locks. Asma knew what was going on, how could she not? She herself hadn't let out her nervous smile just yet. Oscar was dead. She was free now. It didn't feel like it and she would bitterly realize that Oscar didn't need to be alive to so heavily influence her life. The damage was done already and the traumas still existed. Burning the box with his belongings or trashing it might be a way to move forward but the road to recovery was a long one.. maybe one that would last a lifetime.


So she had not realized it yet, what she did realize, however, was that her friend risked her life to save her. So as Asma crouched and grabbed the keys, she stood up and pulled Jessica into a tight hug. Her left hand rubbed the pregnant hit woman's back while the right one got lost into her chocolate curls. She seemed calm, and she definitely was calmer than her pregnant best friend but she was still ashamed and sorry to have put Jessica through this ordeal. So she whispered to her ear « I'm sorry. I'm sorry... » but Jessica shook her head and answered in a broken voice. « It's alright! It's alright! My baby's fine. Ah ! My baby's fine! » She said, hugging Asma tighter before she shut her eyes tight.


« You're not saying anything to Tig or Jax okay? »


« I won't. I swear. » She said showing her pinky for a pinky promise while still hugging Jessica with her right hand.


« Pinky promise? » She said while wrapping her pinky around Asma's.


« I cross my heart and hope to die! I won't tell a soul. Are you crazy?! Do you know what would happen if I ever snitch? »  She tried to joke while her hands cleaned Jessica's face from her tears.


« You'll catch these hands! » Jessica said showing her fists. « And you'll catch Jax' and the rest of the club. It's a terrible idea. I would get in troubles too. let's keep it to ourselves okay? »


« It's the fourth time we promise not to tell the boys about what you did. I feel terrible to have put you through this shit. »


« It's the 10th time you apologize. It's getting old real fast, isn't it? Let's not talk about any of this anymore. We know we'll zip it and that I really don't think you should feel sorry about it because I chose to protect you so it's on me. Whatever would have happened, it was on me. I provoked him prevented you from leaving and selfishly protected you. It's on me! »


« But.... »


« No, but! I won't let you blame yourself for something /I/ did to myself. What happened to you was horrible and despicable. What he did to you... what you went through... point is, you survived and I promised myself I would help you lead a good life, the best you can have around here. »


« Damn right you did ! » Asma said, wiping away some tears that fell onto her beautiful face. « Th- »


« Ta ta ta! Enough thank yous! We have talked about it Asma. I chose to do it because I wanted to because I love you. Because I had to okay? Baby's fine, all is fine on my side. Are you okay? »


« Me? »


« We haven't talked about that night in details... I think... we shall before the boys come back. You woke up didn't you? You heard some of that noise. » Asma stiffened and simply offered a smile at Jessica.


« Get into the car, I'm dropping you home woman. » Asma simply said, cutting short the conversation. Jessica let it slide for the moment and got into the passenger's seat but she knew she would corner Asma soon enough so they would talk about it otherwise, the pink haired lady would keep it to herself and could easily return to drinking. « the baby is safe... that's what we should be celebrating right now. Are you hungry? We could stop by a restaurant. My treat! »


« Who am I to say no to such a gentle offer? » Jessica grinned and leaned her head against the headrest.


(TBC)



No comments:

Post a Comment