Tuesday, August 29, 2017

I don't know


Are we to aimlessly roam the Earth with broken hearts?
Unable to see far more than the tip of our noses or the depth of our despair?
Are we to forever walk among men, feeling less than alive?
Or maybe are we to find redemption and earn our happy ending?
Oh, I don't know. I don't know!

Are we to endlessly wake up in the middle of the night?
From a nightmare that feels way too real, from a pain that is so excruciating?
Are we to hide our tears from our loved ones in an attempt to protect them from us?
Or maybe can we expose our most vulnerable self to them, in order to commune even further?
Oh, I don't know. I don't know!

What is this feeling overwhelming me all of a sudden?
Why does it feel so warm and so perfect? Is it going to last forever?
Or maybe it's going to disappear as soon as I would relish in it?
O amazing feeling, tell me what you are, don't let me in the dark. Can anyone know what it is?

Oh, I know. I know! I know! 

No comments:

Post a Comment