Friday, January 5, 2018

SoA: Let's meet Ava Jess and Asma

"I know the precious jellybean is in the other room, but I don't think I'm ready to meet her just yet. I came to see you, bring you tea, let you have some sleep while I keep an eye on Abel and Thomas."

I remember I said those words, unsure of whether or not I would have the guts to actually walk my feet to that other room and meet the sweet little girl. I made a fuss out of it, a BIG step forward because I wanted to be a better person before I could meet her. You always told me that I shouldn't be worried or shouldn't feel like I have to work harder because I was actually ready.

"You know.. she already loves you Pumpkin." Your silky voice sang to me, making me blush in the process because I knew you were right. You put the tea mug back onto the table and held my hand. "You'll see... I know she's extraordinary but so are you. What do you think would happen?"

"I don't know?"

"Two legends are about to meet and I will witness it. I have my phone ready, I can't wait to take pictures of you two."

"Just one, just one." I could feel blood rush to my cheeks as I knew you would take a picture. "Just one picture with me and the princess, Please." -You laughed, relaxed-

"Okay. Just one." Your voice is soft and warm, maybe even warmer than I could recall your voice to be. I smile at you and put my empty mug on the table. "Let's say we do this when I visit next?"

"No. Now. We're doing it now because if we don't, then you would never visit her." Anticipating my stress, you put your hand over mine and nodded. "Do you trust me?" I nodded. "Good, because we're doing this now." And you held my hand tightly. I held onto your hand and swallowed a lump. It had to happen, so let's do this.

// <3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment