Friday, January 12, 2018

SoA : Meeting Ava

A/ N: This one has been promised ever since Asma learned Jess was pregnant! I had to keep on that promise:p so here you are. I think it's a little cheesy and dramatic but I guess that's how I roll lol love you <3 

XXXX


«Asma? You can come closer if you wish. Don't be afraid, she doesn't bite. »


Jessica's bemused tone brought a smile on Asma's worried face. Two weeks after she delivered Ava, the young parents allowed visitors but Asma stalled before she decided to pay a visit to the Teller family. She texted and called but couldn't bring herself to actually take her two feet and hold the baby in her hand. So much went on in the last couple of years and Asma didn't know if she was ready yet. She had to be! Jessica believed her to be! Asma had sobered up, and save for that one night when she drank herself to nothingness, she hadn't tasted a single drop of alcohol. She turned her life around so she was ready.

« I know she doesn't. She looks so comfy. » -Asma's soft voice gently answered Jessica-


Ava was indeed looking very cute. She looked at her mother with big blue curious eyes and slowly shifted in the other woman's hands. Her big blue eyes seemed to set upon Asma before she closed them again. Some said babies this young couldn't see, but they were very aware of their surroundings and she was aware of this person she wasn't familiar with. Asma looked up to Jessica who nodded, confident in the woman as she sat on the chair near her daughter's crib.

"Go ahead...Say hi." Jessica's chocolate locks fell onto her shoulder and her nose-

"She's so tiny." -Asma whispered, her right forefinger gently stroking the infant's cheeks.- "She's so fragile." She said, her hazel eyes now set on her friend to find some strength in her. "H..hi Ava Grace.."

She whispered again, earning a yawn from the baby who opened her eyes again to look at her. Ava was so calm that it soothed the adult that was holding her in her arms. Jessica was still watching but relaxed as she felt Asma feel more and more confident in holding her kid.She leaned into the chair and gently patted her belly. it was significantly less swollen than when she was pregnant, but it was still there, almost as a reminder that "it" happened.

"I have made quite the big deal of my first meeting with you haven't I?" She kept going. "It's because you represent a lot to me. When your mama told me she was expecting you, of all the feelings I had, I knew you would be welcomed into a beautiful house filled with people who would love you tremendously. Ah. you have so many uncles and aunts who love you already." She swung around, soothing the little girl who was staring at her with curiosity more than anything else. "I was afraid I wouldn't be one of these people. You see, I was struggling a lot with my life when your mom told me about you. I was in a very dark place where Hope didn't exist. I didn't feel like I existed either." Her voice died out and she looked up at the ceiling to hold back some tears.

"I couldn't imagine a future for myself but I already was trying my best to get my life together. Your mom helped me... She made the nightmare go away like she would make yours go away too." She said, referencing Oscar. "She made me want to be a better person for myself. Not because of her love for your dad, but because of her love for me. She loved /me/ when I couldn't. She saved me when I didn't know I could be saved...by showing me love and support and helping me find the strength inside of me. She did that." her voice almost broke at this point and she turned to bare her back at Jessica who choked up but kept a smile on her face.


Ava yawned again, which made Asma smile and plant a soft kiss on her forehead. "I wanted to be better when I heard your mom was expecting you. I wanted to be able to stand there, hold you in my arms and be worthy of being in your life. I did it. I turned my life around." She planted another kiss, this time a little longer than the previous one. "I'm your aunt Asma. I will always keep an eye on you and your brothers. I will always make sure you're alright. I'll protect you as much as I can." She said as she turned around and gently put Ava back in her crib. "This is why I'm going to ask you something, Jess. I don't want to rely on Tig or you to protect myself. I keep thinking of the night...I keep thinking of that night and I want to be able to protect myself. Could you please teach me how to use a gun? I don't mind if it takes a while, I want to be able to protect the jellybeans when I am with them."

"Of course. I will teach you." -Jessica didn't hesitate-

.She hated guns and was very vocal about them but she quickly realized that in the world she was living in and the people she associated herself with, troubles would come and she needed to be prepared for them. Months ago, Asma chose to stay in Charming, she chose to take this life despite the risks, so it was fair to prepare her for it.  Jessica nodded and moved her hand so Asma could come closer. Asma rushed into Jessica's arms for a hug and shut her eyes tight. She did it. she was able to overcome a few fears these past couples of weeks, Christmas with Tig, spending time at the hospital and now meeting Jessica's newborn baby. It was exhausting mentally but so comforting to know that she was able to do that. Jessica didn't say anything as she gently petted Asma's hair and back for a while.

-TBC-


No comments:

Post a Comment