Friday, February 9, 2018

Chronicles of the primeval gods : The gods

Ayasha


To be so close to power and so far away from it at the same time is painful to the goddess of knowledge. She would have had the world wrapped around her finger if it had not been for her sister and that pathetic creature called a Sin. She was devoured by her own ambition and her hunger for power, to the point of not seeing that neither power or domination were the solutions to her real issues. Ayasha was the unloved child of Khaos and Gaea who only found happiness in being relevant to them, useful. She longed for the love of her parents who only had eyes for their last born and now that her father was dead and her mother was in exile on Earth, she knew that she wouldn't have the recognition she longed for. Ayasha crystallized her pain on Elpis and turned it into pure hatred. She blamed everything -especially her shortcomings- on her little sister and convinced herself that killing Elpis would solve everything. It would not. It couldn't. 


Asma x Pride


Pride, Pride.. when is it that you are supposed to go fight Leviathan? When is it that you are supposed to leave me for battle? I trust your strength and I trust your power. I know you will be able to win the fight and I know you will come back to me. I don't know why I am this worried, maybe it's me, maybe it's her. Did you know she had been talking to me recently? Our connection is getting stronger over time, enough for me to see her clearly in my dreams and talk to her. She is scared of losing you, I am scared of losing you to Leviathan. I know you will win, it's just... I know what's going to happen next. I will forget. I will forget and I will move on. I accepted it already, I am ready for this but before you go, could we... could we have one more night before you go? Could we spend it like the last day on Earth? Could we have it good? I want a night where I would feel like a princess, wear a beautiful gown and go out with you. I want a night just for us, without Elpis in my head, without Leviathan in yours. I want a night to celebrate us, celebrate the woman you helped me become. I am overwhelmed with so much joy when I think of what we've been through and how strong I became over the years. It's all because of her, it's all because of you. I am grateful for that. Can we have that night? Can we? Please?




Elpis x Pride
Tic Tac Tic Tac... my love, I can feel it come faster. I know it's just a matter of time before we finally meet again. Tic Tac Tic Tac... I am nervous when I think about it. Do you know why? We're not the same we used to be. I know you, I know how worse this version of you could be but am I prepared to meet you? I am not. Should I hold your hand like I used to? Should I kiss your lips like I used to? Should I scorn you when you're being stubborn or insufferable like I want to? I have many questions in my mind, racing inside, bumping against my skull as I wonder if you would welcome this new version of me. I am not as naive as I used to be, not as submissive as I used to be. I have a temper, a strong one. You made me discover it before Ishtar stabbed me with the dagger of Fate but you never got to see it full-blown. I am afraid, I have to admit it. I am afraid we no longer match like we used to. I am afraid you would hate this version of me or I would hate this version of you... no... I can't hate any versions of you. I would be angry at you, I would be upset with you but I could never hate you. How can I hate you when you're the very reason I am even alive today? How can I hate you when you're the reason I fought so hard and scratched my seal? I love you. Always and forever.




Ishtar


Ishtar, despite his confrontation with Leviathan months ago, refused to acknowledge that he was just a pawn in the sick game played by his sister. He was nothing but a piece of her chess game. Nothing more. He played a huge part in Elpis' demise and a moment of weakness both allowed her a chance to set herself free but also forced her into a painful existence. He condemned her to a never-ending cycle of reincarnation. Forcing her to be stuck inside those humans she loved so much and live thousands of lives, watching her hosts live and die. He wished his hesitation to kill Elpis would have her forgive him, should she come back to life. He wanted her forgiveness, he needed her understanding but he knew he would have neither of them because she vowed to avenge herself, should she be free again. He loved her, coveted her, despised her and felt betrayed when she fell in love with Pride, a sin, a mortal enemy. His feelings were conflicted and pushed him over the edge. Ishtar was a ticking bomb, the current All-Father whose sanity relied on the fact he still got to provoke wars and do his duty to the God of War. His sanity relied on the lies Ayasha told him to make him feel good about himself.




Leviathan


Leviathan's arrogance would be his doom. He was a powerful God – He was the master of the ocean after all- but he was too confident in his skills to actually think things through. He figured out Ayasha and Ishtar but his hubris and anger would cause him to make mistakes. Pride was underestimated because of the god, he was nothing be a pale imitation of life. He was nothing but a blow-up doll with a sword, nothing of importance. He spent his time -upon learning of the existence of Sins- mocking them, up until the time they actually destroyed the Greek pantheon. He then decided they were a threat. For him, Pride (of all sins) was getting on his way. He was the obstacle he needed to overcome in order to avenge his wounded ego. Elpis rejecting him hurt his ego, so much so that he had to teach her a lesson. He was eager to get his hands on the mortal vessel she was forced into, mostly because he heard this one looked exactly like his sister, save for a detail or two and he needed to make her pay for what Elpis did. He didn't know he was running towards his death because he assumed that Pride was no match for the god of the ocean who possessed two weapons capable of destroying him. His trident AND the Dagger of Fate.





No comments:

Post a Comment