Tuesday, December 4, 2018

All I want for Christmas: Part 1: Are we good?

All I want for Christmas: Part 1: Are we good?

xxxxx

"Jess...."

Asma said her name, her eyes still heavy from the sleep that was interrupted. She had barely slept that night, mostly because she kept an eye on the kids while Jessica and Jax weren't home doing God knew what. It always was stressful for the tattoo artist, because she never knew if they would come back home or how they would come back home. While the kids kept her busy, screaming, playing, crying and laughing, she was busy thinking of her family. She could feel her insides churn at the thought of them not coming back, and felt nauseous at the thought of them bleeding from various injuries. It was to be expected after all. it was the job. They would be hurt and sometimes so hard that stitches weren't enough. But not every night, not all the time and maybe, eventually, tonight they wouldn't be. She was hoping for this.

"Asma?"

Jessica fetched herself a cup of coffee and gave Asma her own. She was grateful her sister took on babysitting duties without hesitating but couldn't help but see how worried she was. Her forehead creased like it always did when she was upset. The brunette sat next to her friend and gently put her alabaster hand above the shaking ebony's hand. Her eyes were warm, far warmer than they were moments ago but she cursed under her breath once she realized that she had not cleaned her hands before. They were still soaked with blood and it just covered the skin of the inker's hand. tic...tac.. tic..tac, the only noise that filled the room was the clock on the wall. a silence filled with anxious looks Jessica's blue orbs gave Asma. She still was unpredictable and Jessica swallowed hard. Asma glanced at her hand and stared at the blood smeared all over her skin. She then looked at Jessica again, this time checking for injuries.

"Yours?" She asked. her voice shaking. Jessica shook her head, but Asma insisted. "Are you injured?"

"No. No Asma I'm not. I'm fine. I promise." She was tense, her breathing was shorter and she barely could feel her body move. "It's not mine, I promise" she added before her eyes looked away for a brief second.

"I see..." -Asma trailed off and stood up.- "I'll need to wash this then."

"Asma..." Jessica's voice was full of questions she couldn't ask. She didn't understand Asma's reaction and couldn't decide whether or not her sister was alright with all of this. "Talk to me."

"We're good Jess. We're good. I'll just wash my hands and I'll come back and we'll talk about.." She paused "I forgot. we'll talk about what I wanted to say."

"Y-Yeah. We'll do that. Was it about Christmas?" Jessica was hesitant still. Asma turned on her heels.

"Something like that! I'll be---"

"Are we really good??" Jessica stood up and turned around to face Asma who stopped mid-way and turned around. "You're not saying this now and then change your mind later?"

"Jess....No! No of course not. I just...I'll wash my hands and I'll be back. We're good. I promise you that, we're good."

And she disappeared into the kitchen, leaving a mortified Jessica alone in the living room.

-TBC-

// <3 <3 <3 It didn't want to leave my mind until it was written. so here it is. I promise, no drama <3 just a long overdue conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment