Saturday, December 22, 2018

DOYA: I am family

"Hunting people, saving things... now wait, it's hunting things and saving people. That's your motto isn't it?" Oya whispered in his ear as they were trying to enjoy a meal at a local diner. Dean curbed a brow and shook his head.

"Something like that." He teased her with, making her shrug a little a nudge his sides. "Ow, you're violent tonight." He added, a grin betraying his mood. Oya chuckled and leaned her cheek against the warm palm of her hand. "What?"

"Nothing." She said, her other hand rested on his thigh. " I just really like it. But it's a family motto so I can't say it." She pouted but a smile betrayed her.

"Well.." Dean cleared his throat and gently wrapped his arm around her shoulders. "You're family, so you can say it."

"Am I?" She grinned and held onto his thigh harder.

"Yeah...you've been a pain in my butt for years now, of course, you are." He was grinning at her, half-teasing her, half-genuinely enjoying the moment. Oya knew she was part of this family, of 'Team Free Will' as he nicknamed them. It just never got old when Dean said it and she wanted to hear it from time to time.

"Why, thank you. I'm a Winchester by proxy." She chuckled and nuzzled his neck.

"I thought you were a full-time Winchester? You've got the looks, the skills..."

"But I don't have that charm you and your brothers seem to have. Remember, I tried it and almost got arrested." He gently pulled her into a hug and planted a kiss on her cheek.

"You also don't know how to cook." He whispered in her ear, making her huff and puff some air into her cheeks. "Oh come on, don't pout. it's not cute!"

"I AM cute!" She said, pouting harder. He planted another kiss and then took another bite of his food. "I am more than cute!" She pouted harder and then just leaned against him. "All jokes aside, I like my life right now, it doesn't suck too bad."

"Good."'

It was all he could say, but deep down Dean was happy she was happy here, with him, with this life. He was happy when she was happy and she was happy when she was with him.

-TBC-

No comments:

Post a Comment