Saturday, April 28, 2018

GoT: You are not here to serve me.

A/ N: So, Lou, This is just a blurb that came from our last conversation. <3 I don't know why but I decided you would be in your feels since I was in mine eheh I am very fond of the bond they share and this is a very important moment for both of them.

xxx xxx

« I have finally found you, Bäahal. »

Daenerys' soft voice reached Bäahal's voice as she stood in front of Rhaegal and Drogon. Once Tyrion announced that the queen accepted a meeting with her council, everything was set in motion. Bäahal was nowhere to be found and Daenerys decided to look after her. Her first guess was to look at the stairs that led to the beach for Bäahal enjoyed the view and would often stay there and watch the sea and the flying dragons from afar. The queen didn't find her so she walked further down. If she wasn't at the stairs, then maybe she was at the beach. It didn't take long for the sovereign to finally found her sibling.

Bäahal was sitting on the sand, her arms were wrapped around her knees she pulled up to her chest. The ocean was soothing her heart and ease her mind. Tomorrow they would sail to King's Landing. They would confront the usurper of the throne and bring her a proof of what Jon Snow had warned them about. Bäahal needed some time to think for herself, far from Jon Snow and Daenerys. Far from Missandei and Grey Worm. Far from ser Tyrion and ser Varys. She needed to breathe and the ocean was providing her some fresh and pure air. The dragons flying above her were, in a way, comforting as well. As soon as she heard the sound of footsteps, she became tense and curled her fingers into fists in case Ser Tyrion would want to fight her again.


« You did, your grace. » -She said, nodding her head respectfully.-


Tyrion and Bäahal didn't have the best relationship at all. She still couldn't forgive the fact he outed her to her sister. He claimed that he did it out of loyalty to his queen so she would know and trust the people she surrounded herself with. His words fell on deaf ears. Bäahal believed he did it because he wanted her out of Daenerys' life. He saw her as a potential inconvenience. A threat to the throne since she was one of the few surviving Targaryens and the only one of royal blood. He didn't trust her, hence why he outed her. Things didn't get better between the two of them as she grew closer to the queen. He saw her as either a zealous protector or a hyena in disguise who would give ill-advice to the queen. Of course, Tyrion claimed it wasn't true and in reality, it wasn't, but Bäahal was paranoid enough to believe her own words. She had been traumatized by Life and couldn't see her interaction with men as genuine as they were, except maybe, with Jon Snow.

« Why have you left the war room? » Daenerys asked softly before she sat by the sand.

« Ser Tyrion doesn't trust me. He doesn't approve of my presence at the meeting with Cersei. » -She whispered, her purple eyes briefly looked into Daenerys'.-

« He means well, but he also knows I will not follow his advice. I need you by my side. »

« I don't think you do, but I am not complaining that you think so. » She said with a soft smile. «I told you that I would lend you my blade if need be. I will always serve your best interest. »

Daenerys tilted her head to the side as she looked at her sister. She was aware of the conflict within Bäahal and wanted to help her. How could she do that without angering her sister? Bäahal was still difficult to understand for the mother of dragons and both knew it would require more time together for them to fully get used to actually having a sibling. The Queen shook her head.

« You are not here to serve me. »

« Then what I am here for? What use could you have of me if I do not serve you? »

Words naturally came out of her lips and it had Daenerys furrow her brows. It wasn't the first time her sister spoke like this but it always broke her heart to hear those words. The princess still did not see herself as more than a tool and it showed in her words and attitude. Daenerys knew Bäahal wanted to go to King's Landing in order to protect her, just like she was willing to sacrifice her life in the fight against the Wights but there again, she posed as a bodyguard and not a sister.

« You are my sister, Bäahal. I do not need you to serve me. » -She outstretched her pale hand and covered her sister's ebony one.- « Look at me...Please. »

The ebony princess looked up at Daenerys, her purple eyes glowing brightly as tears started to form in her eyes. She didn't feel comfortable when she was being thrown into the light. It wasn't a place she was used to but she was willing to try. Her heart was in turmoil because she didn't know what she was supposed to be in this day and age. Now that she finally was free, she didn't know who she wanted to be. Her fingers clenched a fistful of wet sand and she took a deep breath. Daenerys moved her hand so she could cup her cheek, going slowly so she wouldn't startle her sister. At first, Bäahal became tense, but she relaxed as she realized what the queen wanted to do. She allowed her to touch her cheek and leaned into her touch. Daenerys smiled and stroked the soft ebony skin with her thumb.

« You are still lost... »

« Indeed... » She put her hand over Daenerys' and half-closed her eyes. « All my life I have dreamed of freedom and now that I am free, I do not know what to do with it. »

« It could be anything you want, Bäahal. Anything. »

« It's easy for you to say, Dany. You had a purpose. You wanted to throne. You fought for it. I have never wanted anything more than just being able to wake up a free woman. But the truth is... I feel empty. »

« You are scared. Freedom is scary. Change is scary. All I wanted to do was to die with Khal Drogo. I willingly went to the Pyre and allowed myself to be burned. That was the easy part: me, dying. I couldn't see past that moment. I had it all figured out until I came out of the fire and realized I didn't die. I had to change. I did but there were days and nights where I wished I was dead on that day. » She smiled at her and released her cheek. « You will get used to this change in your life. You will get used to being treated as a person and not a tool. You will get used to having me as a sister and what it entails. » Daenerys words seemed to echo through the princess' mind. They resonated with her because she knew they were true. Her sister did go through tremendous loss and pain and always found a way to move forward. Her strength was the first thing Bäahal noticed and was attracted to. Her compassion was the second thing. Dany words finally made Bäahal cry.

« What does it entail? » -The princess asked.-

« It entails for me to care about you. That means I want you to be in my life until one of us dies. It means I want you to be happy. I need you to be. »

« Happy ?...How do you define happiness, Dany? »

« A long time ago, I pictured happiness as a life with Khal Drogo and our son. I was imagining us conquering Westeros and ruling together. I lost it. I lost my child and my husband. I lost them. » She whispered and looked at the horizon. « But I have my sons with me, I have a dream within my grasp. I have... » She turned and looked at Bäahal with eyes filled with unshed tears. « I have you now. »

« You have me. » Bäahal repeated before she looked away from her sister. « Jon Snow asked me a while ago, what it was that I truly desired. »

« Jon Snow ?... » Daenerys was intrigued. She knew the two of them had been on speaking terms and that her sister had been his advocate ever since he arrived but she never truly knew what the princess felt for him or what their relationship actually was. They seemed to get along pretty well, maybe because they both found a common ground. « What did you say? »

« Serving you was what I desired. I wanted to help you achieve your dream. I wanted to see you sit on the iron throne. He told me that it wasn't what he meant when he asked the question and I snapped. Deep down I knew he was right. Besides wanting to be free, I never had the chance to think of what I wanted to do, have or be. »

« He saw the truth in your eyes. He saw you wanted more than freedom.  He is very kind.»Daenerys held onto her hand and gently brought her fingers to her lips for a gentle kiss. It had Bäahal tense up and look into her queen's eyes.

« He's like no other man. He's honest, genuine, and caring. He's like no other man...I am glad you saw too. »

« Yes. » Dany smiled at her. « You saw him for who he was. »

« It's my special ability, your grac...Dany. I can see the truth in any man. Men are ugly, violent and bloodthirsty. The men I met and those I crossed path with. The men my fellow slaves met, the ones who killed them or tortured them. The men I heard stories of... my father... our father. » She said looking at the horizon. « I had to learn how to find the truth and in Jon's eyes, there is nothing but the truth. I'm drawn to him, sister and I do not know what it is that I feel. »

« I will help you figure it out. I think I know a thing or two. » She said with a soft chuckle. As she noticed Bäahal relaxing, she quickly added. « You are my sister. The only thing close to a sibling was a brother who thought he owned me. He used me to serve his own interest and I know I do not want to do that to you. I will learn how to be a good sister by your side if you allow me to be. »

« You don't need my permission, your gr-- Dany. You don't need it. »

She said as she pulled her into a hug. It wasn't the first time they shared one, but it was the first time Bäahal actually held her this hard. Tomorrow might be another day, they would have to sail to King's Landing and seal their fates. Tomorrow, they might not be able to return safely home. Tomorrow, they might be dead.


-TBC-

No comments:

Post a Comment