Thursday, October 4, 2018

I love you

very often find myself to be unable to speak. Words, wouldn't do you any justice because I can't find the words in any of the languages I speak to make you feel the way I do, whenever your face comes to my thoughts or your name escapes from my lips. I am left silent and pensive, marvelling at your ability to make me happy. It's the simple things they would say, the way you smile, the way my name rolls on your tongue, or even the way you would hold my hand. It's the simple things, truly, like the way you would cup my cheek or the way you would hug me.

I find myself certain of how I feel, of the million thoughts that cross my mind, the tiny moments I skip a heartbeat or forget to breathe because I'm too focused on the small details I love about you. I love the crease on top of your forehead when you're thinking too hard. I love the grunt you sometimes let out when you pretend you don't want to help me but you end up doing it. I love the way your hand would grab onto me and pull me closer when you feel I feel threatened or scared. Am I gushing about you? I certainly am. I certainly am...

I guess, I want to say I love you but words won't come out. I know you understand that words can't do justice to how I feel about you and I hope you feel it when we're together. I hope you feel it when I write it down. I hope you feel it when I text you. I hope you feel it when I'm cuddling you. I hope, oh, so hope you know it when we're making love. I could die for you, should it come to it, not because I want to play my white knight, but because I'd rather save you than live in a world where you're not. I guess I'm selfish like that. I guess I want you like that, only you, ever you. Forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment