Saturday, November 24, 2018

Elpis x Pride: He would reclaim me

"He would reclaim me, but I know deep down that it is out of pettiness. He would take me back like a stolen property. He would break my curse and set me free from my human vessel to teach his enemies a lesson. There he was, my stubborn selfish king in all of his glory. There he was, just as I remember him on the first day we met. Part of me refused to believe he had forgotten our bond and wouldn't remember how close to each other we were. Part of me refused to let go of our past despite knowing full well that this Pride was gone. There was nothing of the creature he became after he got to know me. There was nothing if not small embers still burning.

He was capable of growth, he was capable of doing good deeds. Of course, he was an asshole, there was denying of it, there was no "changing him". I wasn't looking forward to turning him into what he wasn't. however...There was still room for me to grow in his heart. There was still a place I could have. Deep down I knew he might not make a queen out of me, but I wanted to be. I wanted to be...

I was dreading the reunion, but at the same time, I couldn't wait to be reunited with my beloved. I had enough love for the two of us. I could fill in the holes, make our bond strong again. Build on the loyalty towards him that he recognized and appreciated. I could show him the goddess I was, the glory and beauty he had not known. I could show him I was worthy of his attention and care...Or maybe, I could just simply be. I didn't know, I don't know.

I was confused, consumed with pain and rage, both so intense and fighting inside my heart. I knew I was looking for some comfort, the idea that no matter what I lost, I still had an anchor to this reality. I still had someone. I still had him. and I do. I have and I will."

No comments:

Post a Comment