Saturday, November 17, 2018

SoA : What now? -Jessica & Asma-

SoA: What now?
Xxxxxxx
« Jess..... » -Asma's voice echoed through the bedroom.-


« Yeah? C'mere. » -Jessica answered, she put her phone away for the time being, unwilling to let business be caught up by the one person they still agreed to protect from their shenanigans.


Reluctantly though, the red queen put the device away and welcomed a tired but happy Asma. She had kept her natural rich black hair color for a while now, and had styled them in heavy curls that framed her beautiful face. The change was progressive and subtle, but it was a testimony of how crazy things have been since Jessica had not noticed until today. Guilt crossed her face as Jessica watched Asma carefully close the door behind her. Since she returned, she tried to find a moment to sit with her sister and tell her what happened and why she couldn't text her back. She wanted to say she was sorry for going MIA and that she heard the toll her absence took on Asma but words just died at the back of her throat. She wasn't in a very pleasant situation. Half of her wanted to be truthful and honest with Asma, and she did tell her the truth, not the one involved with the club but her own truth, the knights, the jobs, the hustling she did.
Asma was at least, aware of who Jessica was, but she still kept some elements out of it, out of fear of hurting Asma or endangering her life. How could she properly say « Oh! By the way, I'm still in the business to this day. What happened with Oscar was not out of the ordinary for me. Ah! That's what it is. » It wouldn't fly well, especially since Tig refused to involve Asma into this part of his life just yet. It was safer to let her remain oblivious of the real activities of the club but Jessica knew Asma knew. They didn't need to spell it out to her, she did tattoo the new prospects, the crow eaters, and at some point, she even had to tattoo some of their enemies so she fucking knew. There was just a difference between knowing something and having someone confirm you were right and nobody wanted to confirm it, at least, not now. So Jessica didn't know how to tell the truth to her sister, despite her promise to do so.


« We barely had time together since you came back. » -Asma said, carefully laying her bag on the floor- « I was starting to believe you were avoiding me. » She joked, a heartfelt laughter crept out of her lips as she teased her sister.


« You know damn well I wouldn't even dare! » Jessica answered back,  laughing slightly off as she did avoid to be left alone with her. She was hoping that as the weeks went on and Asma would see Jessica was really back, she wouldn't need answers anymore. It was a gamble and she might have been wrong. Tension rose up in the air, from Jessica's side but from Asma's as well.


« I know. You better not be. » She grinned and crawled onto the bed. « There's something I wanted to show you. » Jessica lifted a brow and turned her head to Asma who was kneeling on the mattress. « Yeah, really. It's...It's...I don't know, better show you than babble. » She dropped her leather jacket on the bed and removed her tshirt in front of a very tense Jessica who for some reason was scared something bad had happened to her sister and she wasn't there to protect her. She was expecting bullet wounds or stabbing scars but instead, she found a massive piece inked on Asma's right flank. She blinked several times and shifted on her bed.


« Wait....what is... » -Asma sighed, searching for some strength to introduce her new piece to Jessica. « Wow...It's massive and gorgeous honey... » Was all she could say. The piece was indeed massive. It was a large skull with water lilies at the base of it, two pistols instead of the bones you could find on a pirate flag. A ribbon went from the left to the right and words were written inside of them. -


« If you look closely, where words are written, above the skull, you should read something. » -Asma was nervous, Jessica could tell by the way she was shaking. She moved closer to her sister and read the first words on the left. ' Alex Tig Triger & Asma « Bee » Triger' then in the middle was written 'Siempre' and on the right was written. ' Jessica & Jax & Opie '


« Asma... » Stunned. Jessica was stunned. She knew how important tattoos were to Asma and learned the history of each and everyone she had on her skin. They were a commitment. To have your name written on someone else's skin was even more than an engagement ring. It was more than just a promise. It was akin to signing on the devil's contract. It bound you, for all eternity to the person whose name was on your skin. Jessica sat back on the mattress and ran her hand through her chocolate hair.


« You don't like it? It might be too much, I could have it removed it you... » peak tension was reached. Jessica's silence was read as rejection by Asma who had been wondering for months if she should or should not write down Jessica's name. Her hazel eyes shifted from left to right as she shakily searched for her t-shirt so she could put it back on and leave. « I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. »


« No, wait, please. » Jessica grabbed her arm, forcing the other woman to stop and look at her with fear in her eyes. « Don't be sorry, how could you be sorry for something this beautiful? » But Asma wasn't calmed down, instead she started to sob and shake her head. Jessica gently ran her hand through her curls and planted several kisses on top of her head. « I'm sorry if I made you think I hated it. It's the opposite Asma. It's the opposite. »


« You're not mad? » Jess shook her head and pulled her into a hug.


« Are you kidding? You've just told me the biggest 'I fucking love you' anyone could say...I mean, besides Jax, I mean.. »


« I got you. » She sniffled and chuckled. « You are my family, you and PiePie and Jax...I love you guys...more than I can actually say. I know, I know that there are many things you are not ready to share with me. I know Tig doesn't want me to fully be clued in because he's scared for me. I know....but that doesn't mean I can't love you. I...You know...I'm alive today because of you Jessica. Not because you saved me from Oscar but because you saved me when we met. Meeting you changed my life for the best... »


« Oh, Asma...You always had ways with words, you know that? » She said, rubbing Asma's back to help her feel better. « I love you too...More than I can say. You deserve the world, you deserve...so much more. » -Her voice was strangled by emotion but she managed to contain it for both her sake and Asma. Learning that the tattoo artist wasn't upset she didn't tell her the truth was a relief, she felt it in the way she was breathing. « Has Tig seen this yet or not? »


« He hasn't. I am waiting a little bit before I show it to him. It's... it's huge. »


« Are you proposing to him? » Jessica's eye sparkled with interest and curiosity. She did read it right, Asma did take Tig's name in a « husband and wife way » which could only mean she was ready to fully commit herself to this relationship. It was so huge that it felt like a brick house fell onto Jessica's shoulders and she was left speechless. Both were. Asma was sheepishly looking at Jess and twirled a curl with her forefinger for a while before she finally answered.


« Yes... »


« GIRL !!!!! » Jessica threw her hands in the air, the shock too intense to actually say anything constructive. She couldn't believe her ears, let alone her eyes.


« I KNOW!!!! » Asma answered, unable to proceed with anything she had in mind. « I KNOW.....oh fuck! » She dramatically fell onto the bed. « I said it out loud now... »


« YOU SAID IT !!! OH MY GOD !! »


« What now? »


What was to come? For the time being none of them knew what to say, so they remained silent and got distracted when Winston started to cry outside of the bedroom. Saved by the bell, oh wait, the Dog!

-TBC-

No comments:

Post a Comment