Saturday, November 10, 2018

Elpis x Pride : A way out

Golden orbs stared at deep purple hues. Pride was pissed off, which wasn't a surprise. Of course, he would be.  His siblings might have been barred from the Underworld, they still found a way to harm him. A near death, again. Pride was filled with rage, like Lust and he had already escaped Death some time ago. They couldn't possibly know of Khaos and the bow he forged Lust, now could they? Pride had made sure the Underworld was airtight and nothing would come out of it or inside of it without his supervision. If they had not figured out he had a god-killer sword, then did that mean they had access to a knowledge he had not heard of before? He was forced to run away and recover in the corner of Hades until he was fit again for battle. The situation with Elpis had not made things easier. She was a lot to handle. Unlike Asma who was a mere mortal, she was a full-blown goddess he couldn't influence and manipulate at will -nor did he need to-. She was stubborn and demanding. He understood her desire to avenge herself but he couldn't fight on several fronts at the same time. His siblings had made moves towards him and until he figured out a way to at least destroy one of them, he wouldn't keep his mind on Elpis' pantheon. Not now, not when he was -and he hated it- vulnerable. After a hectic beginning between Elpis and Pride, things became easier as both relaxed around the other.


They were stubborn in nature and this stubbornness made it difficult for them to find common ground. Eventually, they were starting to like each other a little better. Rules had to be set, lines not to be crossed and adjusting to this new setting;  with a goddess who remembered the older version of Pride and the newer version of him who couldn't for the hate of Hades give her what she desperately needed; proved to be more difficult than ever. But not impossible. That night, as Pride was trying to figure out what his next move was, they argued again. She suggested he might leave Earth alone because she would become even more powerful but he wanted to destroy this little rock. he wanted to eradicate mankind, make sure none of these roaches still existed and here she was, claiming she would not let him do this. Elpis was standing in front of him, nothing but a white sheer laced fabric wrapped around her body, her luscious pink locks were tied in a tight ponytail and she was staring at him, her eyes brightly glowing as she stared at him intensely. Pride was rubbing his temple but her beauty caught his eye. She looked exquisite tonight, more than usual because she took care to make herself look perfect. His purple hues seized her up, looking at her from head to toe as she looked more and more appetizing. He watched as she slowly untied her ponytail.

"My plan is going to work, beloved. Trust me, they won't see it coming."

"My siblings?  They might be less intelligent and cunning than I am, they are still vastly better than any gods here, my dear." -He said as he watched her lean a knee against the mattress. "They are aware of your presence. They remember you."

"But they do not know me like you do. They only remember me when I was harmless. When my power was nothing but a booster..." She grinned at him, her hands on the belt made of fabric. "They don't know what I am capable of. How powerful I can be."

"You did destroy a pantheon all by yourself." -He remembered very well her deed. He could still picture her smile as she walked back to him, covered with the blood of her enemies, holding the still-beating heart of the all-father of said pantheon.-

"I can do much more than this, should you leave the Earth to me. I can become the most powerful asset you could have in your team." -She said, untying the belt, eliciting curiosity from the sin who could feel his anger vanish as she spoke. "We will defeat your siblings...And mine. We will be victorious, I can assure you this much." She said, dropping the fabric on the mattress while he pulled her onto his lap, her legs from each side of his. His hand stroked her back while his hand traced an imaginary path on her arms and shoulders.

"Victory.....Are you certain of your words." -She was, he knew she was but he loved when she was speaking of victories.-

" I am. As sure as I am about my feelings for you. I need you to trust me when I say I need Earth. Think of the power I have. Please, remember Meux Rex...remember the power I am." She whispered in his ear before she gently bit the tip of his ear while her hips started to sway.

"I remember..." He trailed off. "But my guess is that you're not in the mood for a conversation now."

"Indeed, beloved. I need to change your mind for the time being, plotting and scheming can come later...Can...I?" She asked, moistening her lips as she gently pulled away from him so her golden pools could stare into his purple hues.

"You can."

-TBC-

No comments:

Post a Comment