Monday, November 1, 2021

DOYA SHORT: In the early hours

 "In the early hours of the morning, when there is nothing but the soft sunrays and the calm of our bedroom, I love to stay longer in bed. 


I can look at you. I can watch your chest heave up and down and your eyes twitch slowly as you emerge from your slumber. I watch your peaceful face, and I let my fingers massage your scalp. 


This is my apple pie life. This is my moment of peace, the saving grace of our daily crappy life. I get to share a peaceful moment with you every morning and I don't want to change a single thing for a morning with you. 


In the early hours of the morning, when there is nothing but the soft rhythm of your breathing, I can feel at ease. I know I am safe here, with you. I know I am happy here.. I have never thought I could find my happy place, somewhere where I could be myself. 


I know I am safe, because I am with you."

No comments:

Post a Comment