Saturday, November 13, 2021

Doya: Late Night Dream

A/N: Well, been thinkingg of these two beans. Of course, I also had to include Sarah and Joshua Thomas :p just because. It is about Doya though, in a way. 


xxxxxxxxx


 

[Oya? Is it too late to write to you?] 


Sarah texted her. the noise from her phone forced Oya to wake up from her light slumber. She rolled her eyes, groaned and rolled on her side. Her heavy coily black locks fell on her face and chest but she waved them off of her face with the back of her hand. The hunter rubbed her eyes and grabbed her phone. Sarah? this late? She never did unless it was an emergency or something was wrong with her. Oya furrowed her brows , her heart began to race in her ribcage as worries started to grow, and replied. 


[No, it's not. What's up?] -She could feel Dean shifting on his bed but he was still asleep.-


It had been quite a while since they last talked. The last time they saw each other, it was at the hospital where Joshua was on the brink of death. Oya and Dean answered her call and began to investigate the case. Josh recovered despite being bound on a wheelchair How long had it been since Oya spoke to either of them? She knew Joshua was still recovering from the attack at his sister's home. She knew that he was doing alright, all things considered but she had not written at all. 


Could she be blamed for her silence? Right after the encounter with the Daeva, Oya met with Pluto. She survived on dumb luck and the near-death experience shocked her enough to make her forget about anyone who wasn't Team Free Will. She realized now, that it had been way too long and she wasn't keeping her promise to the Thomases.  Her azel eyes stared at her screen, wishing for the reply to not be an emergency. 


[I wanted to talk, check on you a little bit. ] -Oya put the phone on her chest, her eyes searching through the darkness of the bedroom. She pulled her phone up and typed back as fast as she could-


[Just checking on me? Really? Sarah... Are you alright? Is it a late night conversation like the one at the motel?] -She was worried, and a worried Oya was always talking fast. Sarah paused. for a minute or two before she sent another message.-


[Actually... I am fine. I haven't heard from you in a very long time, so I started to worry. Joshua told me he heard your voice on Radio Hunter, so that's how I knew you were still alive.]


[I am sorry. I should have texted you more often. I just got very busy.] -She was hoping that her excuses would work on Sarah, but the blonde woman was far more clever than that. Oya nipped her bottom lip and started to tap her right index against the phone screen.-


[Busy? Let me guess... Chasing after the pagan god Pluto? It's all over the news, so don't try and lie to me. There's a worlwide search for him and I know you'd try find him before anyone else does.] 


Oya's heart almost stopped beating upon reading the first sentence. She sighed of relief once she realized that Sarah had no clues about what happened between the god and her. Oya ended up sitting at the edge of the bed and  put her phone on her lap. What could she tell her? The truth? Well, that seemed to be the most reasonable action to take. Telling the truth, letting her in on the secret that plagued her for months. Oya didn't want to come back to this painful memory, of her nearly dying. She didn't want to feel hopeless like she did back there. It took her way too long for her to mentally recover from the incident and realize that she didn't want to die too soon. Being forced to face her own mortality was an eye-opening experience, one that shed a bright light upon herself. Oya was human after all...


Her lips trembled and she ran her shaky fingers through her hair, massaging her scalp. She glanced at Dean who was sleeping still. He looked so peaceful from where she stood. he seemed at peace with everything. Oya knew, she knew that deep down he was already beating himself for what happened to her. How could she let him  carry the weight of the world on his shoulders on his own? He was carrying it, alone, in order to protect those he loved. Dean was a martyr of his own making and she knew that no matter his promises, this would be something he wouldn't be able to stop doing. He was the type of person to strike a deal with the devil if that meant saving his loved ones. He was the one... He was the ONE. Her lips trembled even more and she could feel tears form at the corner of her eyes.


[I am looking for Pluto and gathering intel on him. I'm not working alone, don't worry. We're a whole team on that case. Sarah...I'm fine. We're in the middle of the night, so what happened?] -Minutes went by, with Oya glancing from time to time to her right. She needed to see Dean, and watching him peacefully breathe during his sleep, somehow brought her some peace too. It was soothing.-


[I had a dream. I just woke up and went to the kitchen to drink some water. It was a nightmare rather than a dream.]


[I knew it! What was that nightmare about? Is Josh okay?]


[He is fine. Actually, I am the one falling apart. He bounced back O. He bounced back and now he's working from the comfort of his home. I thought he would miss working on cases but he's fine building a life with his fiancé and helping hunters through the radio. I dreamed about your death. It happened a few months ago but today I made the same nightmare. A creature had killed you and I attended your funeral. I was scared, you know? scared because if you die...]


Oya could feel a pang in her heart. She had never really thought of the impact her death could have on others. For so long she thought of herself as an important member of society. someone who was saving people but was replaceable. It didn't matter if she or someone else did the job as long as the job was done. Yet, twice, she thought of herself as more than just a hunter. With Fabrice, she had dreamed of having her own family, kids included. She had seen herself as a wife and a mother but her dreams turned to dust very quickly and she was left feeling empty and distraught. Dean changed everything. the family he made with Sam and Castiel also changed everything. Oya felt again.. Oya was human again..Oya was loving again. 


Her encounter with Pluto helped her realize that she didn't want to die and wanted instead, to keep living with her family. She wanted more time with Dean, Sam and Castiel.. oh yes, more time with them but especially with Dean. She loved him more than she could even admit. She had the life she had always wanted with him. A life where she could save lives, kick ass and travel around the country. A life that meant something. A life with more than just pain and despair. She refused to let go of things so fast and this realization made her near-death experience all the more painful. She was afraid to die now, she, the Daredevil, didn't want to die so soon.  A sob escaped her lips and she wiped away the tears that had rolled on her cheeks.


[I am alive. I guess you are worried now that you know there is a pagan god on the loose. I promise you, I will do everything in my power to stay alive. I promised I would see the twins grow and I will do my best to keep this promise.]


[You can't make promises you won't keep, O. It's impossible to know when your time is coming. It's impossible to know. Dad didn't. Mom didn't and I certainly can't.  Monsters are scary and while I teach my family to acknowledge the existence of the supernatural and to prepare....I don't know what tomorrow is made of. I feel safe when you're here, O. Without you, I would definitely lose my mind.]


[I won't die, Sarah. I don't want to die, you know? The world is big yet it is getting smaller and smaller.  I am still with you. Still there for you. Remember, Josh needed help, you needed my help and I came, didn't I? Your dream...your dream was about me giving up on my old aloof persona. Your dream is about me finding my happiness and wanting to fight for it. I am busy saving the world but I will make sure to stay alive, okay?] 


Tears fell on her screen, forcing Oya to wipe away her tears and pull her legs up. as her feet rested on the mattress, she wrapped her arms around her knees. Sarah was worried beacuse things were changing around her. Her brother was now disabled yet he probably was the happiest he's ever been since he settled down and found a new and less risky way to help hunters. Oya was still living her best life, even moreso now that she was at peace with herself and comfortable in her relationships. She found her place, her family and somehow was living the life she had always wanted. 


Sarah struggled a lot ever since her father died. She was questionning her decision to live a mundane life and have a family she kept away from the supernatural. She was questionning her ability to keep her family safe. she was questionning her relationships -including the one with Oya-. Her father's death and the recent traumatic attack against her brother fragilized her more than she wanted to admit. Things changed and she didn't adjust to them. She didn't adjust to her brother becoming disabled nor did she adjust to Oya living her life away from her.


[Okay.] -Silence, then a couple minutes later- [O? Do you think I did the right thing by having a family of my own?]


[You did the right thing for yourself. Your kids are wonderful and your husband loves you. You will be able to protect them alright. Your dad knew it. Josh knows it. I know it. You just have to believe it.]


Silence settled in for a while, allowing Oya to glance once more towards Dean who was now shifting on the bed a little more, indicating that he was about to wake up in a matte rof minutes. Oya sighed, even having a good sleep felt like luxury. Dean had a decent sleep in the last couple of weeks but it still felt too far in between periods of agitated and restless nights. Her phone vibrated again, indicating that she received another text. 


[Thanks for the pep talk, O. Text me more so I don't fear you're dead or something. love you.]


[Love you too.] -She texted back before she put her phone on the bed nightstand. She gave a sheepish smile before she rolled on her side. Dean was even more agitated, which indicated that he was about to wake up, so she  gently laid next to him and cupped his cheek with her warm hand. A gentle stroke accompanied his awakening and he greeted her with a grin. She smiled at him and planted a kiss on his nose.  "Good morning Dickhead."


"Good morning, Bitch." -he smiled and pressed a kiss to her lips, gently wrapping his powerful arm around her waist. "You're up very early, what woke you up?"


"Just a little Late Night Dream....involving you." She smiled again and gently rubbed her nose to his. "I'd like to stay a little longer in bed. Shall we?"


"We shall.." 


-TBC-

No comments:

Post a Comment